cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TMS re-configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are planning to configure 3 system landscape from 2 system landscape.

For that we have Installed quality system recently. [All systems in the landscape are installed as distributed environment with Oracle as DB]

at present DEV-PRD systems are having common trans directory.

New system QAS is having another transport directory.

Could you please suggest me how can i proceed for the following:

1. Need to make sure all the systems are having same common trans directory

2. Need to add QAS system to the existing DEV-PRD transport path.(i.e transport paths should be

DEV--

>QAS -
>PRD ; DEV--->PRD;

System details:

SAP NW 6.40, DB Oracle, AIX 5.3 version.

Thanks and Regards

Purna.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Purna,

You can bring the new acceptance system in to the exisitng TMS.

What you have to do is that.

In New acceptance system:

Set the DIR_TRANS Parameter by pointing to the common transport directory

And make sure that you can access the common transport directory from acceptance system with the user (SAPServiceSID)

Go to STMS

Add system into the Domain Controller (By providing the details)

In Domain Controller

Approve the system and check the transport direcory and Tp tool consistency.

Then delete the exising route and Create a new transport route by selecting the option standard 3 system landscape and Provide the necesary details

Then save and distribute to the changes .(Make sure that you dont receive any errors while updating)

Testing.

Create a test transport inSe01 and releasing the same and Import in the Acceptance system and do the same for production ssytem.

Regards

Vijay

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear VIjay & Rohit, Thank you very much for your solutions.. I will apply this and let you know the result.

Thanks and Regards

Purna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

I could able to successfully add the new system in the existing transport domain and made it to 3 system landscape. I did not configure the QA approval procedure.

My apprehension as of now is:

If I release the transport request from the development system, Can i able to see this request in the import bufferes of both QAS & PRD ? or only QAS import buffer?

If i see only in QAS buffer, In what way i can see those imports in the PRD buffer. ( i have not configured QA approval procedure here)

requesting you to please let me know the transport flow from DEV> QAS> PRD.

Thanks and Regards

Purna

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> My apprehension as of now is:

>

> If I release the transport request from the development system, Can i able to see this request in the >import bufferes of both QAS & PRD ? or only QAS import buffer?

You will be able to see in QA Buffer,

> If i see only in QAS buffer, In what way i can see those imports in the PRD buffer. ( i have not configured QA approval procedure here)

>

Once you adjust the import queue in QA it will forwarded to the queue of PRD

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Subhash,

Thanks for your quickest response.

Could you please let me know what needs to be adjusted in the QAS buffer , inorder to let the requests are to show in PRD STMS queue?

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to STMS-Import overview in QA system and refresh the queue and you will be able to see an arrow mark. You have to click on arrow mark to adjust the queue, once you updated the queue then go to PRD system and again do the same thing and you would be able to see the TR on the PRD queue.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please see the below link.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/3b/dfba3692dc635ce10000009b38f839/content.htm]

Regards

Krishna