cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do we bring local product categories inside sourcing...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are trying to bring the local products, where we can select in the Category ID SPRO...Define Sourcing for product categories. Please let me know how to do...

We are using SRM 4.0 server 5.0 and SP 8

regards,

Bert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bert,

When "Defining Sourcing for product categories", you have to select the product category source system. This system is an R/3 one for replicated categories, and SRM system for local categories.

So, if your local products are using local categories, local categories must be assigned in SPRO as well.

Rgsd

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Chris/Yann,

I checked that. But iam not able to see the local categories in the the Catlog ID list, only the r/3 replicated products are there. How do i go with it...?

Thanks,

Bert

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bert,

I am confused... i was thinking that you didn't find any local product category in the matchcode.

Now you say "in the catlog Id list" which i guess is the catalog ID ?????

You are not speaking about the catalog ID attribute...

Please clarify the context )

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yann,

Iam sorry. Yeah i am talking abt the Catlog ID attribute, in SPRO>sourcing->DEfine product categories.

We want to create a bid invitation directly from the shopping cart irrespective of the user and based on the product categories. Here if a user selects a particular product in a shopping cart it should create a bid invitation. This is the seneario.

Thanks,

Bert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bert,

You can assign only one product hierarchy at a time to purchasing application.

Are you maintaining local & replicated categories into the same product category hierarchy ?

If yes, you should find them in "Defining Sourcing for product categories" (if you select the correct source system = EBP, as I replied before).

If no, you have to choose which one to work with. his one and only this one will be available in SRM procurement flows (attributes, customizing...).

Check customizing point "Assign Hierarchies to Applications".

Rgds

Christophe

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bert,

Not sure to clearly understand your question... could you clarify your requirement ?

Do you want to send unsourced shopping cart to the sourcing cockpit ?If yes you have to maintain the following customizing point :

SRM > Cross-Application Basic Settings > Sourcing > Define Sourcing for Product Categories

BADI BBP_SRC_DETERMINE can be used to implement custom behavior.

Kind regards,

Yann

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bert,

Does it answer your question ?

Kind regards,

Yann