Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with toolarea search

stephen_spalding
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm working with the search iview com.sap.portal.navigation.toolarea.default in EP 6. I want to configure it so that it uses a Search Option Set that I've created. However, I don't see any parameter for this in the toolarea iview. Can anyone tell me how to configure this iview to use a Search Option Set?

Thanks!

-Stephen Spalding

Web Developer

Graybar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen

When you make changes in the toolarea iview, you might run into somewhat unpredictable caching behavior. If your changes are not reflected right away, try some of the advices in this thread:

Another way to achieve your desired functionality is to enter a parameter in KM Search Advanced Parameters and KM Search Parameters, but I would not recommend that solution because of the odd caching behavior, even though it ought to work. Look at the second post in the link I gave you for a further explanation of this solution.

Best regards,

Martin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stephen_spalding
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you both for your help. I used Martin's method and it worked on the first try. I will keep Robert's method in my notes for future reference. Thanks again!

-Stephen Spalding

Web Developer

Graybar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

In the ToolArea iView (based on the Component com.sap.portal.navigation.toolarea.default) you can mention the "KM Search Component" (by default:

pcd:portal_content/every_user/general/eu_role/com.sap.km.home_ws/com.sap.km.hidden/com.sap.km.urlaccess/com.sap.km.basicsearch). Here you can input the ID of your own search iView (based on the Component com.sap.km.cm.basicsearch). In this iView you have the option to mention a "Search Option Set".

Hope this helps,

Robert