Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

How to populate the ranges using FM for the SELECTs

Hi,

I am still working on the FM to create a generic extractor. I went through the debugger but I am still unable to determine how the ranges are populated. RSA3 always gives me zero values for the results.

There is a RANGE statement in the sample FM and the following statements for SELECTs

RANGES: L_R_CARRID FOR SFLIGHT-CARRID,

L_R_CONNID FOR SFLIGHT-CONNID.

and...

LOOP AT S_S_IF-T_SELECT INTO L_S_SELECT WHERE FIELDNM = 'CARRID'.

MOVE-CORRESPONDING L_S_SELECT TO L_R_CARRID.

APPEND L_R_CARRID.

ENDLOOP.

LOOP AT S_S_IF-T_SELECT INTO L_S_SELECT WHERE FIELDNM = 'CONNID'.

MOVE-CORRESPONDING L_S_SELECT TO L_R_CONNID.

APPEND L_R_CONNID.

ENDLOOP.

My question is how is L_R_CONNID and L_R_CARRID populated with low and high values for the SELECT statements? I tried to find the DS 0SAPI_SFLIGHT_SIMPLE to run and see how it is set up but there is no such DS.

Would someone take the time to say something about this in several sentences? I have my own code and it seems that it is not populating the values for the SELECTs when I debug from RSA3 when I provide the low and high values.

Would I normally populate the low and high values from the InfoPackage 'Data Selection' tab once I have implemented in BW or ready to test in BW? That would mean I have to choose those fields as selections from RSO2. Anyway, I think I have asked about this but I am hoping to get an answer to get this going...

Appreciate any replies.

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi

In our generic extractors we use 2 ways:

1. get the parameters for the load via a code that reads

a control table such as TVARV and populates the

selections for the load.

2. thru the infopckage you you can send ranges and

values as selections. Depending on how the extractor

was built.

Reg's