cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting Order BOM Change without a Change Number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to restrict order bom change without a change number. The process is below. For every sale order, I will create an order bom for every item. After order bom finish, I would release the mrp requirement, while I do not want anybody else to change the bom again.

Any configuration or user exit could do it?

Thanks

Jason

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jason,

Is Your requirement that noone should be able to execute CS02 without any change number?

If so make these settings and then check,

1.In OS27 - Check box included for BOM validity maintained,EC Management active,History

Requirement.

2.In OS25 - BOM usage 1 & BOM status 1 - History Requirement check box is included.

3.Authorization object C_STUE_NOH is with No,for this your BASIS consultant can help you,for the all

the profiles that contains the authroization for CS02,for the authorization object C_STUE_NOH,the value

can be set as No.

Check and revert back

Regards

Mangalraj.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ,

Sorry for not explaining clearly.

I use CU51/CS62 to change order bom. After I finish designing, I want nobody could change it. Of course, the bom cannot avoid to be changed, I would just let some one could do it. That means I want to specify the very sales order bom to change or not.

So I think use authorization could not meet my requirement.

I have checked all the user exits for bom and order bom, but unfortunately I could not find one. Maybe I left some one or another method could solve it.

Thanks

jason

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jason,

In addition to my previous reply,you can try to use a field exit for the field - change number.

You can make it mandatory using a field exit with the help of a ABAP consultant.

Check whether this works out or not.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mangalraj.S,

Yes, I know the change number could control action for very order bom. And you also know it means many actions for end users if I introduce change number in. I want to know SAP has a user exit to control the changing action for special order bom?

Best regards

Jason

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jason,

Still I could not understand your requirement properly.But as per to my understanding what I'm trying to

convey is that you can make the change number field in CU51/CS61 as a mandatory one by using a

field exit.

If I have understood wrongly means please explain me more detaily.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

The scenario like this:

After receive a sales order, Engineer create a sales order BOM to starts design. Before engineer finish design, the SLCA in sales order is 'CN' to block MRP requirement. As soon as engineer finishes design, I would change SLCA from CN to CP, and at this time I do not want engineer to change the order BOM any more, while the engineers could continue design other order BOM with other sales order No.

I do know the change management could control the order bom change access. And I think it is hard to control change numbers if I have so many sales orders. And because our sale order bom is very huge, I could not fill the to be changed items in change master in advance. And I have to let SAP recorde the change automaticly, which introduces another management question, I can not assign a change number to special sales order because anyone could use the active change number to access any order bom.

former_member206980
Active Participant
0 Kudos

But my sumission it may be restircted through authoriation. Because if someone change in BOM after you have changed status.That would be a particular object in BOM like material, qty ,document or etc so that it could be created a problem.

So my proposal, restrict it at the level of objects type in Transaction code (change BOM)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ,

I could not. Suppose we have engineer A, who always use CU51 to maintain order bom. Today he would maintain sales order 10, then he would maintain sales order 20 after he finish 10. At this time, I block cu51, how could they work on 20?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can also do thru Authorization Group concept.

Regards,

Fapreeth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gary,

You can block the authorization of change order BOM i.e. CS62.

Give authorization of CS62 to desired users only.

You need to check this out with your basis guy.

Hope this helps you.

SmanS