cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange discrepancy in report painter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I've designed a report painter with all the respective columns & formulas intact but at the Grand Total col (summation of all the sub-totals), the figure doesn't tally with all the sub-totals. All sub-totals have been added correctly but when they are added up to the Grand Total, the fig doesn't tie.

Any clues? Have I missed out something?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Quek,

From Menu->Formatting->Report Layout

a sub screen will be displayed and in that select the Rows Tab

Fill the value in

Summation Interval

From Level 2 to Level 3

Check the Sub Total & Grand Total now.

Regards

Andrew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

The summation lvls in my current setup is from 0 to 99. Is that ok?

Best Regards,

Ethan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Quek,

I asked you to give the Summation Interval Level 2 to Level 3 because it will be easy for you to determine the Sub total.

For a report you can specify a range of summation levels for which totals will be displayed. All totals not lying within this range are suppressed when the report is output.

It is better to sum the totals with this interval.

Try & revert back.

Regards

Andrew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

I've checked the sub-totals and apparently, when i double click on a sub-total to drill down to line item lvl, the fig doesn't seem to tie in with what I see in the report painter report. It's real strange that the correct fig appears upon drilling down to line item level but at a higher level, the fig isn't right. It's short of a fig which is in relation to another column.

I've double checked the formula at the sub-total col and all the cols in the formula are present. This is the bizarre thing which I've been trying to resolve for the past few days.

Best Regards,

Ethan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ethan,

yeah it is something weird.Just check in the Report Layout->Row Tab whether 'Suppress Duplicated Totals' is marked 'ON'. Hope this might caused you some confusion.

Regards

Andrew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

It's not marked 'ON'. Could it be the postings done by users that may affect the rpt presentation? The rpt which I created via rpt painter is an IO rpt by GL. As long as there's a posting to the IO, it should be reflected in the col.

Best Regards,

Ethan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ethan,

Guess that might be the reason.Else it is too wierd.

Regards

Andrew