cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO CIF related issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have had very limited exposure to APO before.I am currently going to work on a project where we are going to turn on the PP/DS and GATP functionality.configuration has already been completed.Can someone please

1.explain the step by step Master and Transactional data transfer from R/3 to APO for PP/DS and GATP through CIF, explaining what master data objects and what transactional data would be needed for the cutover.I heard there was once a posting here in this forum with screen shots of step by step procedure.If someone has that or has something even better, please share.

2.What is finite and infinite planning with respect to a work center

3.What factor decides if a resource in APO is going to be a single, multi, single-mix or multi-mix etc.

4.What is the difference between PPM and PDS? Do we need to transfer both from R/3 to APO?or one would override other one?

5.Do we need to transfer R/3 BOMs to APO also or transfering a PPM would be enough?

6.I have often heard of a phrase " CIF job"?what does it mean by that?is that another name of CFM2 transaction or what we do with IMOD creation and activation?How can I find some CIF jobs previously ran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RookieUS,

1.explain the step by step Master and Transactional data transfer from R/3 to APO for PP/DS and GATP through CIF, explaining what master data objects and what transactional data would be needed for the cutover.I heard there was once a posting here in this forum with screen shots of step by step procedure.If someone has that or has something even better, please share.

Please look into the wiki page as per the link for CIF

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SCM/CIF

2.What is finite and infinite planning with respect to a work center

If planning is based on fixed capacity of work center, it generates capacity constraint within the planning environment. Such type of planning is called finite planning. Using finite planning, demand catering will be purely based on supply which inturn based on capacity. In infinite planning, capacity is unlimited. There is no capacity constraint.

3.What factor decides if a resource in APO is going to be a single, multi, single-mix or multi-mix etc.

The attached link will resolve this query.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/3e/eb834014d26f1de10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

4.What is the difference between PPM and PDS? Do we need to transfer both from R/3 to APO?or one would override other one?

Refer SAP note 1079959

5.Do we need to transfer R/3 BOMs to APO also or transfering a PPM would be enough?

PPM is combination of BOM & routing. If you transfer both to APO, its equivalent PPM will get generated.

6.I have often heard of a phrase " CIF job"?what does it mean by that?is that another name of CFM2 transaction or what we do with IMOD creation and activation?How can I find some CIF jobs previously ran

CIF is nothing but integration model jobs which has generation and activation steps. Generation will be done by RIMODGEN via CFM1 transaction & Activation will be vaia RIMODACT via CFM2 transation. If a CIF job ran, an equivalent integration model gets created and the same is visible under transaction CFM5.

Hope I have addressed all your queries.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Answers (0)