cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bex-Precal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am a Basis guy trying to make the precalculation of workbooks work for my BW team. After a lot of trial and error, the Precal server is working from my colleagues laptop(we installed a precalserver on each of our laptop's and one on a BW team member). However, it is working from just one laptop and we get the error in precalculation when trying to broadcast a workbook. It looks like some problem with Excel 2003 or the precal service is not interacting correctly with Bex.

Has anyone any idea about this?

Thanks

Cyrus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cyrus,

Let your precal server run in the same network . Check whether the server is started in "RSPRECADMIN" transaction. And the go to Web Application Designer and pull a IB into the new template and in the webitem - specific set the type of reporting object as 'workbook' and give the name of the work book. Then execute this in the browser , (save and..)in the screen that pops up click on create new setting then fill up all the required fields along with the emails ( before that check whether the output format is MS exel.......schedule it ......run it , you will get the xl attachement correctly and it can be opened without error.

-Srini.M