cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

L_TO_CONFIRM Function Module Different Behavior with SE37 vs MII Transactio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am stumped. I run this function module with SE37 and it works.

When I call it from MII it doesn't work. My inputs are as follows.

In MII:

Request,/L_TO_CONFIRM/INPUT/I_TANUM,Transaction.transferOrderNumber,

Value is 0000000362 - I did a Write File to verify the value to the log

Request,/L_TO_CONFIRM/INPUT/I_LGNUM,"300",

Request,/L_TO_CONFIRM/INPUT/I_COMMIT_WORK,"X",

Request,/L_TO_CONFIRM/INPUT/I_SQUIT,"X",

SE37

Input to the FM and it works

I_TANUM 0000000362

I_LGNUM 300

I_COMMIT_WORK X

I_SQUIT X

What am I doing wrong!

Thanks all,

--Amy Smith

--Haworth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What responce are you getting back?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oops --- Sorry

Error: RFC Function Error: TO_DOESNT_EXIST

--Amy

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amy,

The Response is one of the standard responses from the RFC, so your data is getting there and being processed. SE37 is probably populating some fields automatically that the RFC does not by itself. I would look carefully at the output from a successful run in SE37 to see what fields are populated that you did not put in entries for. Look at I_QNAME and I_ENAME first, but also see if the date and time fields are populated in your results. You may also need to look at the confirmation record to see what additional data is there. If you have a handy ABAP resource, you may want them to take a look at it.

Good luck,

Mike

The response TO_DOESNT_EXIST means that SAP can't find the Transfer Order (as near as I can tell from the ABAP code).

Edited by: Michael Appleby on May 8, 2009 1:06 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael,

I've tried the "copy from the SE37 screen". If I use the info from the screen that shows before, I get the same error TO_DOESNT_EXIST. When I try it with the info from the after screen I get this message: Error: RFC Function Error: Cannot convert a value of 'INIT_DATUM' from type java.lang.String to DATE at field I_ENDAT.

I literally spent hours trying different combinations too.

I'm at the point where I think the way to go is a custom BAPI where I just pass the Transfer Order number. I hate to have to do that though as I planned on using MII to run standard ECC transactions. And then I have to beg for an ABAP developer, after writing a full spec and getting approvals. Sigh.

--Amy Smith

--Haworth

former_member4529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amy,

Does the RFC you are executing have an import parameter called I_ENDAT? If yes try removing it from the link editor in MII. Just select the parameter and set the Remove Link Type option. I'll suggest to set Remove for all the import parameters you are not passing any value. Let me know if that works.

Thanks,

Dipankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, now I'm embarrased. The SAP System Editor said it was pointing at the correct ECC

system, but it really wasn't. I had to have the server bounced to get it right. It works great now.

I'll post another question about how to change the SAP System on the fly as I appear to not

understand it!

Thanks Dipankar - that is very good to know and will make the XML much smaller for Function

Module calls like this!

--Thanks to everyone

--Amy Smith