SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FMJ2 : Budget linked commitment is not transferred

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have already activated "carry forward budget for commitment" as "X".

Then I expected that budget linked commitment must be simultaneously transferred with commitment amount when I ran FMJ2 transaction.

But, while the amount of commitment for open P/O has been transferred successfully, the related budget amount for that open P/O was not transferred at all.

So when I run "FMRP_RW_BUDCON" transaction, it shows like this.

Consumable Budget Consumed Budget Available Amount Current Budget

=============== ============== ============= ===========

0 1,000 1,000- 1,000

As you see, the available amount has negative value.

Could anyone advise me where I have a problem for this?

Thank you in advance.

BR,

Chris Kim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check your closing operation default setting (Spro > Public sector management > Funds management government > Closing operation > Enter default settings) to see whether the box 'Bdgt CF cmt allow' is checked.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check your closing operation default setting (Spro > Public sector management > Funds management government > Closing operation > Enter default settings) to see whether the box 'Bdgt CF cmt allow' is checked.

0 Kudos

Hello Minghong,

As I told, I have already marked 'Bdgt CF cmt allow' field at "Enter Default Settings" transaction.

Thank you.

BR,

Chris Kim

0 Kudos

Then check whether you have activated budget carryforward for commitment ( spro > Public sector management > funds management government > closing operations > closing operation for BCS > Active budget carryforward for commitment).

If you have also done this setting, I belive you ran FMJ2 with the field 'Availability control' (the field at the bottom of the screen) unfilled. That is why you got cosummable budget 0, consummed budget 1000- but current budget 1000. This current budget 1000 is what you carried forward with the commitment. Run a budget reconstruction and see what happens. Also press F1 for that field. SAP's explaination is pretty good.

Regards,

Ming

0 Kudos

Dear Ming,

Thank you so much for your comments.

When I ran FMJ2 transaction, I entered availability control option as "Update without check", because I got the availability control error message for budget deficit if I had assigned the value "Check" at

availability control option.

Additionally, I have arleady run FMAVCREINIT(Reconstruct) transaction.

But, it is useless, namely, there is no change at FMRP_RW_BUDCON report.

This may drive me crazy. ^^

Thank you again.

BR,

Chris Kim

0 Kudos

Dear Ming,

I have one question for you additionally.

Do I have to run FMCYLOAD (Generate Budget Data) and FMMPRELE (Release Budget Data) after running FMJ2 transaction?

Thanks.

BR,

Chris Kim

0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Looks like you have nothing on ledger 9H (AVC ledger for payment budget). Please run FMAVCR01 for the old fiscal year and new fiscal year just for the fund that the commitment was posted to. The AVC budget (consumable budget) is either carried forward or not carried forward. If it the former, the consumable budget column of this report for the NEW fiscal year should show 1000 (provided you have done the reconstruction). If it is the latter, the consumable budget column for the OLD fiscal year should show 1000. If none of them show anything, the problem is likely with the ledger setting. Check everything under Spro > Public sector management > Funds mangement government > BCS > Avalability control > Settings for availability control ledger. Especially check whether you have defined derivation strategy for control objects and assigned it to the ledger.

Regards,

Ming

0 Kudos

Hello Chris,

FMCYLOAD is a tool only. It allows you to copy budget from a source (FY, version, etc) to a target (different FY , version, etc). Whether you need it or not is depending on your budget process. The budget process my employer uses is: 1. create plan data in the form of spreadsheet; 2. after some aproval processes, they upload the plan data to SAP using FMPLUP; 3. they copy planning data to budget preliminary version using FMCYLOAD. 4. then they have to go through some further approval process and make some changes to the preliminary budget. 5. After everything is okayed by the authority, they copy preliminary version to version 0 using FMCYLOAD. This budget plus the budget carried forward with prior year's commitments is the budget for the new fiscal year.

The budget release process is determined by the configuration. Check you config. and you will know whether releasing is required or not.

Regards,

Ming

0 Kudos

Hello Ming,

Thank you for your quick update.

When I looked into my FMAVCR01 report, it says like below.

For 2009,

Consumarable budget: 10,000

Consumed amount: 0

Available amount: 10,000

For 2010,

Consumarable budget: 0

Consumed amount: 1,000

Available amount: 1,000-

When I have just created P/O for $1,000 in 2009, above report for 2009 is as follows.

Consumarable budget: 10,000

Consumed amount: 1,000

Available amount: 9,000

When I saw above results, we can see the commitment item of 2009 has successfully carried forward to 2010.

The only problem is on the consumarable budget field for 2010.

Currently it is zero, but it must be $1,000 if the budget linked commitment has successfully carried forward.

Considering above and availability control for 2010, I don't think there is a problem in ledger 9H.

I think there is a problem on Settings for availability control ledger, then I am going to look into the related customizings, then contact you again.

Thank you again.

BR,

Chris Kim

0 Kudos

Dear Ming,

Finally, I found out where the problem is.

As you mentioned, there are some problems in Settings for Availability Control Ledger.

Currrently, when I run FMJ2 transaction, both of commitment amount and budget linked commitment amount are transferred successfully into next year.

I appreciate your warm help.

Have a nice weekend.

BR,

Chris Kim

0 Kudos

Can you please tell how you solve the problem, I'm having the same problem.

Thanks