SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget structure in FM-BCS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Is there anyone who can easily explain which case is eligible for using budget structure and what the advantage of using it?

As we know, we can implement budget control function without budget structure in FM-BCS.

So, I would like to know which business cases are needed this budget structure.

Even though I have already reviewed SAP online document, I still can't understand the reason for using it.

Thank your for your reply in advance.

BR,

Chris Kim

3 REPLIES 3

former_member184992
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

In the Budget Control System (BCS) there exists no hierarchical budget structure which would take into account some funds center hierarchy, for example.

This was standard function in Former (or Classical) Budgeting, but is not available in BCS only from EhP 603 on you will be able to have multi-level budget structure.

As a consequence, when you enter budget, budget values are only created at the level of budget entry (for example, at the 3rd level). Furthermore, BCS does not provide functions like "Distribute budget"

or "Total up budget".

However, you can "simulate" a totalling up of budget values via reporting. For example, for Report Writer reports like FMRP_RW_BUDGET you can use funds center groups (FM menu, Master Data, Funds Center), created by transaction FM_SETS_FICTR1. You can use such funds center groups with the Report Writer reports, which then automatically sum up the budget values according to the funds center group.

BCS is a complete system with more possibilities than FB and you will be able to define strategy derivation for controling budget or posting address according to business process.

I hope I could help you

Kind Regards,

Vanessa.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The main reason for using budget structure under BCS is a requirement to perform budget/positng address check before making your documents. If you manage budget structure and certain combination are not defined as budget/posting addresses then no document will be able for posting for these combination, when the check is activated.

However, if you have tight budget availability control and well-structured process for budget management, the budget structure mostly becomes irrelevant.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vanessa and Eli,

Thank you so much for your nice comment.

Those are very helpful for me.

BR,

Chris Kim