cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change layout of variable screen in WAD / Bex iview??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am using WAD to develop Bex reports for use on the Portal. Can anyone please tell me how I can modify the color schemes for the report variable selection screen in WAD? I have heard you can do it through themes but am not sure which property to change; I've also heard I can change the CSS in the MIME repository, but I cannot find the correct corresponding CSS sheet...

Thanks!

CM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Courtney,

First of all since this question is related to WAD it better you post it in BI forum to get more replies.

Anyways I've found the following information which I think might be useful:

The standard stylesheet has the name BWReports.css. It can be found in the MIME Repository under SAP -> BW -> BEX -> Stylesheets und SAP -> BW -> BCT -> Stylesheets. You can also select these stylesheets in the Web Application Designer.

To change your stylesheets proceed as follows:

1. Copy a stylesheet as a template to your computer. To do this, select the stylesheet, and with the

secondary mouse button choose Export -> As a Copy.

2. Edit the stylesheet in an editor.

3. Store the changed stylesheet under SAP -> BW -> Customer -> Stylesheets by selecting the

Stylesheets

folder and, using the right mouse button, choosing Import -> MIME Object. Choose a name for the

stylesheet.

For each theme (that is, color specifications) in the MIME Repository, there is a stylesheet without a suffix and 4 stylesheets with the suffix _ie5 (for Internet Explorer 5), _ie6 (for Internet Explorer 6), _n6x (for Netscape Navigator 6.x) and _n7x (for Netscape Navigator 7.x). These stylesheets are browser optimized and are included in the associated browser when a Web application is started. If there is no stylesheet available with the corresponding suffix, the stylesheet is embedded without the suffix.

Once the custom stylesheet is created you can apply it to your web template by setting the Stylesheet property of Web Template. If your Web application should be displayed with another stylesheet, choose Select Stylesheet: select a stylesheet to see it in the preview on the right side. Once you have decided on a stylesheet, select and choose OK.

Only those stylesheets stored on the BW server are displayed in the selection list. If you want to use a stylesheet that is not in the list, for example one that is stored on your Web server, select the checkbox beneath the selection list and enter the URL. Choose OK.

Regards,

Seema Rane.