cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to verify all CIF activities have been stopped and how to re-start them

Former Member
0 Kudos

To make sure our LC internal consistency checks are valid, we need to make sure that

all CIF activities are stopped.

Could you tell a way to verify they are stopped?

And if they are not stopped, how to stop them?

Thanks a lot!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kelly,

In the option that you have mentioned, ie Released ---> Planned under /n/sapapo/om17, it will just display the list of jobs/programmes which are in released condition. Once you set the button, all jobs under release will get status planned. But this transaction normally needs to be carried out only if you are taking up of all jobs to planned condition if there is any risk/incident happened in livecache or under certain critical business conditions to withdraw all jobs. One more risk associated with changing status from released to planned is that there are more chances that the job scheduled periodicities can change upon withdrawing and then releasing the job.

CIf activity will not stop only on stopping the jobs. It will stop only based on stoppage of jobs/programmes/users/cif queues etc., in order to achive this, you can follow the procedure which I have mentioned in my above previous post.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kelly,

In OM17 screen, click unlock users so that there won't be any user carrying out transaction of both master data & transactional data which will generate queue. Once the queue generation is stopped, the existing queues can be stopped by clicking on stop cif queue. There should not be any active or scheduled jobs during the consistency check period which will inturn generate huge queues.

The queue movement can be checked in smq1 & smq2 transactions. If there are no active jobs & no active users, the CIF has no initiators to carryout its function and it has been stopped.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!

On /nsapapo/om17, select "overview active users/tasks/jobs", there is a button

called "released->plan". My understanding is that

click this button once, the selected job will be taken back from released status and will be held

until I click the same button again, then it will become "released" again.

The on-line document does not explain this. Please help confirm my guess.

Thanks!

samir_ali
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kelly,

You can use below two programme for stopping CIF Qs

APO -

RSTRFCI1

R3 --- RSTRFCQ1

and to Start CIF Qs use program /SAPAPO/CIFSTARTQUEUES ( APO)

Regards

Samir

Edited by: Samir Ali on May 10, 2009 3:09 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

look at the queue monitor /n/sapapo/cq and check for "STOP" queues.

to turn them off, use /n/sapapo/om17

there are also batch program equivalents, I forget the names, but will post tomorrow when I logon.