cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Results recording formula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a requirement where system should calculate and enter the value in the results automatically based on a formula.

Like we have 4 charactertics C1,C2,C3,C4.

C4 = 100 - (C1C2C3)

C4 value should get updated automatically based on formula.

Please suggest me, how to follow the above.

Thanks,

Quantum.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello

You have to select C4 char and do the valuation or lock it then only it will calculate

Regards

gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have given values for the preceding characteristics, so that the characteristic can be calculated. I selected and hit enter on the characteristic still value is not coming up.

Thanks,

Quantum.

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When lot get generated in result recording tab once u finished the result recording for charac10, 20 and 30 the go to evaluate formula tab > System will automatically calculate values for charc 40.

I hope it would help you.

Thanks!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can I edit the value once it is calculated through the formulae i have given. I see that calculated value is greyed out. Is there any option to change the value.

Thanks,

Quantum.

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For calculated MIC system will not allow you to edit value, it will calculate value based on formula only.

Thanks!!!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create C1, C2, C3 and C4 as QTY characteristic.

In contro indicator of C4 chara select "Calc. chara" indicator.

Now create Inspection plan and enter C1, C2 & C3 as chara number 0010, 0020, 0030, but in C4 chara. Quantitative data you will find formula field. Here enter formula as 100 - (c00010c00020c00030).

Now once you enter result for first three chara then system will calculate automatically for forth one automatically.

Hope this help.

Thanks!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nehal

Thanks for your immediate response. I followed the same as you said but system is not calculating automatically, once i click on the calculator then its giving the value. Is there any setting required to change or this is the standard process to follow. Please suggest.

Thanks,

Quantum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You must first record results for the calculation input characteristics and valuate them, before the system can calculate the inspection results for the calculated characteristic using the predefined formula.

Try it ...