cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC to XML

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody-

I have a scenario where i get an idoc(say orders) and i have to ftp it to one of the partners in xml format.So will there be any mapping involved? or even if i need to do some mapping is it correct to have the source and destination interfaces as the structure of IDOC(Orders),map them one to one and use ftp adapter for my reciever,by doing so will i be able to send an xml format of the idoc??

Thank you

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189324
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

The idoc adapter in XI will convert the Idoc Structure format into Idoc-XML format. If your end receiver ( in this case it is FTP) is ok, in recieving the message as an Idoc-XML format then you can just do the one to one mapping for the same source and target idoc interface messages.

Thanks

Prasad

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>I have a scenario where i get an idoc(say orders) and i have to ftp it to one of the partners in xml format.So will there be any mapping involved?</i>

Yes there will mapping involved.

<i>or even if i need to do some mapping is it correct to have the source and destination interfaces as the structure of IDOC(Orders),map them one to one</i>

Yes, you could import the idoc, and use it both as your souce and your target message type.

You could do a one to one mapping in this case.

To send this to a file, you would have to use an ftp adapter, and in the parameters of the file adapter, specify the target file name with a .xml extension.

This will enable you to send an xml file to the receiver.

Regards,

Smitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat ,

Since your main aim is to convert an IDOC to XML and send it across to the receiver therefore you don't need any kind of mapping as your source and target structure being the same .Hence you just need to create two Message Interfaces where message type for both of them will be the same and in the Interface Determination just give the inbound message interface .

Hence you can send XML across the receiver . The IDOC-XML conversion is taken care by XI as your sender is an IDOC .

Thanks & Regards,

Ashish Sharma .

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

If you don't to want to tranform the message , you can directly dump into File without Mapping. But you need to create Message Interface of Type Idoc for this.

If you want simple XML, of Idoc data , then you can do straight 1:1 message mapping and you can put into FTP.

For more-

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters

Hope this helps,

Moorthy