cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wily Instroscope - OS Independent installation does not complete.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been trying to install the wily introscope with the OS independent software and the install is not finishing. I see no errors, and I recieve no log file to show me if any part of the install was successful. The version 8 guide from Nov. 2008 states, that I should have an install directory containing a introscope log that shows me how many lines were Successful, Warnings, NonFatalErrors, and FatalErrors, but this is never created.

I am running the install in /usr/sap/ccms/<sid_00>/wilyintroscope.

I am installing this on a Solaris 5.10 SPARC x64bit system and I am running this in unix.

I have copied the eula.txt, osgiPackages.v1.unix.tar, SAPISEM80_03-10007429.SAR, and SAPISMM80_03-10007429.SAR to this install location.

I edited the eula.txt file to =accept, and I edited the install.properties file to contain the unix install path of /usr/sap/ccms/<sid_00>/wilyintroscope/.

I had our unix team install a x64bit java version so I would have a java 5 VM as the install guide requires.

This is the install command I kicked off as <sid>adm.

/usr/jdk/jdk1.5.0_16 -classpath introscope8.0.2.0otherUnixSAP.jar u2013install

It begins, but the installation will never finish. I had our unix support run a trace on the background proress and we see reads occuring, but after 2 hours it still isn't complete. I've even tried excuting the same steps with the x32 bit installation .bin file and I receive the same results.

Do I need to edit the <sid>adm environment and point the wily home to my installation directory I created? In the Version 8 guide this is a later step, but at this point I am not sure what to do.

Thoughts?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Turns out the unix tar was corrupt. The clients virus scanner stripped out most of the file!