cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check-in original files in Background

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I have been attempting to check in original files in background using FM BAPI_DOCUMENT_CHECKIN2. I am specifying the DOCUMENTFILES as, for example /mnt/1/<filename> as it is on the apps server. However, no joy. The error message is E23 Error storing file <filename>

I have seen references to using BAPI_DOCUMENT_CHANGE2 and specifying RFC destinations as SAPFTPA /SAPHTTPA and tried implementing this as an alternative (ref note 504692). Still no luck. I believe the 4.6c system is up to the req'd support pack, so am at a loss as to what is wrong

Any help appreciated

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Yes the note did solve the problem, I was not correctly specifying the unix file paths. So the issue was mine & I award myself max points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

I have the same problem. How did you solve the problem. For example: my unix file path is

unix-system-name/var/temp/filesname

Thanks in advance.

Fang

Edited by: Fang Zhao on Jul 8, 2009 1:35 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Richard Chapman!

I also met ths same problem about check-in files in background.

I want to know two points:

1.About the specifying the unix file paths if the following:

host ip or domain name of unix machine\file path and name in unix machine

2.About the relation between unix file directory and SAP application server( sap erp)

how to pointed the path of originals to SAP application server.

Thank you.

Best regards

Vera Pang.

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

maybe the information in notes 796709 and 432881 could be useful for this behavior. Were the sample

programs ZZUZTEST_TEST_CHECKIN and ZZUZTEST_TEST_CHECKIN2 from note 504692 also not successful?

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Richard Chapman,hello!

about check-in original files in unix using FM bapi_document_change2,I met the same question with you.

please help me,how to solve it.

thank you very much!

Best regards.

Vera Pang.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Richard Chapman,hello!

about check-in original files in unix using FM bapi_document_change2,I met the same question with you.

please help me,how to solve it.

thank you very much!

Best regards.

Vera Pang.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.