cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send Email & Store in mySAP Cfolders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have developed a WD application through which I populate a adobe form from SAP.Now user keys in some more fields.

When user clicks submit it should send an email which is already in that form plus it should store in respective project (Hard Copies) folder of Mysap PLM Cfolders as We already have these folders bulit up for all projects.

FYi.. I don't need anything back to SAP. I have used Submit by ema.. button and it sends an XML file though.but I need to send PDF form which is filled by the user.

Also,I have hard coded my em..address but I want it be binded to my address which I will be prefilling.

Any ideas?

rgds

Vara

Edited by: Vara K on May 7, 2009 11:50 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chech this link

[]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for the links.

My requirement made me follow the blog of Juergen.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/6676. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Right now with submit button I can attach PDF and it is linking it to my EMAEL client but my EMAEL address is not showing up in TO address.

This is what I followed from Juergen Hauser blog.

I create the EMAEL button on the form based on the standard button. I drag and drop the button onto the form and then take a look at the properties. In the "field" tab of the object palette you can find the "control type". I just set it to "submit". Doing this I get an additional tab called "submit". This tab contains a field where you can enter the "Submit to URL". If you want to submit data via EMAEL you have to use an "EMAELto:" URL.

The EMAEL address shouldn't be contained in the form template. It should be data driven so that it can be changed without touching the template. So let's assume that the EMAEL address is contained in the form data (e.g. in a node that is not bound to any field on the form).

First of all we have to find out where the URL is stored in the template. The XFA Specification helps us here (see also my blog about where to find documentation on scripting for Interactive Forms). It tells us that a submit button has a node "event". This node has another subnode called "submit" and this node has a property called "target". To dynamically set the submit-to URL we have to script against this property.

To access the "target" property of the EMAEL button in JavaScript we have to use the function resolveNode. You can use the following JavaScript line to set the URL of a submit button:

I have used following Code in Initialize & also tried in ready event.

this.resolveNode("#event.#submit").target = "EMAELto:"+$record.EMAELaddress.value;

My plan is to use the EMAEL address from node.

It may by default bring the EMAEL address from database or else user-may also key in the EMAEL address and it should take that EMAEL whle sending the PDF.

What is going wrong with me.

resolved it basically I was misisng

TABLE name in code

this.resolveNode("#event.#submit").target = "mailto:"+$record.ITEM.PEMAI.value;

Rgds

Vara

Edited by: Vara K on May 11, 2009 4:06 PM

Edited by: Vara K on May 11, 2009 4:39 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey Vara,

check out this wiki:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/abap/sendMessagetoExternalemailidandSAPUseridvia+ABAP

I hope this would solve your problem .

Regards,

Abdul.