Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with module pool transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have transported some module pool screens and includes from development to staging client and they are working fine. I used 2 transports to do this. My first transport failed but second went fine. Now everything works fine on staging.

However when i tried to send the transport which was successful to production from the development client, it did not send the screens, just the code. So now I get a short dump when i try to run the screens with transaction code on production, the error message is that it did not find screen 9000.

I looked through both the transport request and they dont mention screen objects explicitly. My question is 1. How come screens have been transported to staging though they dont appear to be there in the transport request explicity?

2. Should i now send just the screens explicitly in a new transport request to staging and production again?

Please reply urgently

Thank you for reading

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Transport Both Request in the same order as you sent in Staging system.

The first Error transport might contain screen.

So you should need to trasnport the Error one first and followed by second one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why did the first one fail?

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to go to SE09 and check all the object was "Active" or not when you transport the request

Check it by put "Cursor" on your main request and then goto->request/task->complete check->Display inactive objects.

if there’s in inactive object go there and make it "Active "

1- It just get transported by using different transport request number ( just a guess ) without a transport you can`t find the screen in other client.

2- yes , you need to transport the screen again in order to make it active

If you’re working on extension in infotype ( HR -PM01 ) . You have assign screen in table T558m and as well as T582C. Just ignore it if you’re not extending infotype.

Thanks

Message was edited by: Saquib Khan

0 Kudos

Hi Squib,

That helped a lot thanks. I have given 6 points

Thanks to Srinivas too. Actually the first transport failed on production because there were some objects which the code was referring to were present in development and staging but not in production.

Satya

0 Kudos

Just one follow up question. If a transport which has lot of objects fails does it rollback all the objects that were transported or does it transport whatever it could?

0 Kudos

Hi Satyavrat,

The SAP Transport management tool is very smart and it does many checks before it actually does an import on the target system.

To answer your query, if a transport as many objects it will try to import the objects with no errors on the target system. It will not rollback if anything fails. It will always try to import the ones which are having no errors. If i am not wrong i think it will import everything, the ones with error will be flagged as error but it will import all the request to the target system.

The best way to avoid any such failures is while creating request always create requests for Higher objects. For example when you create a request for R3TR PROG <PROG NAME> the transport system is clever enough to transport all the related sub objects along with the higher object. That means if you have the R3TR PROG object it will automaitcally transport all the screens, menus, report texts etc etc along with the higher object. This way there are less chances of the transport getting failed on the target system.

In case the transports fail, goto SE01 and display the log of the transport, it will give you information on which object is flagged in error and whats the reason. Most of the times the error message is very easy to understand and trouble shoot.

Hope this info helps.

Cheers

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The reason why it is working in staging client may be, when you have send the first transport it failed but it has created a screen and some other component in staging client. So when you have transported second request, screen was already there. Since everything was moved to staging in two request it is working there.

You can send same two transport and same order again to production and then it should work. By i recommend to create a new transport with all the obhect in your module pool program ( program, screen, GUI title, PF-status ) and then transport it to production. It will definitely work.

Thanks,

Pal