cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Width of text objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm building a report that includes many fields on a 8.5x11 page, so I'm trying to get them as close to each other as possible while still maintaining some space between the fields (and between the field headings).

But the text object won't let me set the width in small increments, and instead it stays the same size as I try to stretch it sideways, until I finally make it wide enough that it resizes.

I thought this may be caused by "snap to grid," but un-checking that box made no difference, nor did chainging the grid size. And I'm not using guidelines. I also tried changing the font to a standard-width font like Courier, but that didn't make a difference.

Any ideas of why this occurs?

Thanks, Jon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the File Menu go to Report Options in that u ll have the field Grid size, Change the grid size value to 0.010, this should be the minimum value. If u can change the value below 0.010 u can do so. by this u can adjust the width of the text object.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krithikanedunchezhian,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I tried that and it doesn't help.

jon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try removing your guidelines if you have them

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zilla,

I have them unchecked in OPTIONS (for both Design View and Preview, in case that makes any difference). I have also un-checked grid (both Design View and Preview) and snap-to-grid (in Grid Options). Neither make any difference.

thx, jon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jon

It doesn't matter if you have the options unchecked you still may have guideline. Check across the top ruler in the design, if you have a symbol that looks like home plate in baseball you have guidelines.

Answers (0)