cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIA Index Grey SAPLRSDDTREX

former_member205400
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I put my Cube in BWA and all was good but then some more data was added to the Cube.

I see the requests in the Cube using "Manage" are not ready for reporting.

Using the wizard I took the cube out of BWA, but I still see the Cube in SAPLRSDDTREX. The Master Data is green, but the table dimensions are grey.

If I r-click and "Maintain BI Index" the wizard it tells me that its already created and filled. In the wizard if I click on "Information" is shows the "Index for table /BIC/xxxxxxx: Status C". Looks like my Master Data has Status F.

Since the table dimensions are grey this tells me that I need to take additional steps.

Mike

Edited by: Michael Hill on May 7, 2009 7:15 PM

Edited by: Michael Hill on May 7, 2009 7:50 PM

So I forced the delete using the BI Wizard and then when I went back to re-index it I am getting an error "An error occurred. Choose "Continue" to start again from the beginning." and I see that the InfoCube is now RED in the RSDDV BIA Indexes. Now there are some indexes not functionaing because they use the same Master Data and the InfoCube that I wanted to delete.

Edited by: Michael Hill on May 7, 2009 10:15 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think there are different issues here;

1) If the request is not reportable in the cube, it means that you haven't ran roll-up (to BIA) - BIA index from RSSDV will be still green.

2) If the BIA index is gray in RSDDV it means it's either still building( or hang) or index setting was switched off (RSDDBIAMON2\BI Accelerator\Switch on/off BIA indexes from queries) or you changed the structure of the cube/master data

Well now it's red, you better delete and reload it

Cheers

Tansu

former_member205400
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for ur help!

I want to be I get it straight, so bear with me.

For 1) if I have a Cube in BWA and then later a data load occurrs to the Cube and I see that the request is "not active for reporting" then the action I take is to manually go to the Cube Maintenance click on the rollup tab and press "execute", Right?

For 2) in the case of index setting was switched off (RSDDBIAMON2\BI Accelerator\Switch on/off BIA indexes from queries) I should just switch it back on, Right?

For 2) in the case the structure of the cube/master data changed what is my remedy?

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

When you load/delete data to the cube that is in BIA or when you load data to the related master data in BW, you need to forward this change to the BIA machine, right?. To do this the preferred way is just add a roll-up step after the load, and add a change-run step after the master load in your process chain. (otherwise yes you can do that manually from manage/roll-up tab).

If the indexes are switched off "manually by someone" yes you can switch them on. Otherwise they won't switch back.

Lastly, when you change the structure of the cube/MD, you need to delete/recreate and fill the indexes.

I recommend you to review the blogs in this forum.

Cheers

Tansu

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you change master data/meta data of the infocube, you are not required to delete and rebuild in each and every case. For example, when you add a new nav att to an infoobject, only BIA index for this infoobject will be rebuilt (either in background or foreground depending on the size). When you add this nav att to the cube, only logical index of the cube is rebuilt upon activation and not everthing.

Main point being that you dont need to drop/rebuild index for every change. It varies from case to case. Usually until you add a new infoobject to the cube or selectively delete data from the cube, you dont need to drop the fact index.

Refer to Note 1012008 for more info

[https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1012008]