cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploying Dictionary DC to alternate Datasource

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a project setting that will allow me to deploy to a datasource other than the SAPJ2EDB?

I don't want everything to point to this datasource, only those projects I choose.

If there isn't and this has to be a manual process, does anyone know of any best practices?

Thanks, Sal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can create your custom datasources in JDBC connector service in Visual Administrator of WAS.

It takes in parameters such as connection url, driver info, username and password. Also connection pooling parameters can be specified. You can create a data source of the type Vendor.

The added aliases of this data source can be used in the applications (webdynpro /j2ee).

I dont think you can restrict the access of this datasource on project level. Once it is created on WAS, it will be open to everyone. But they need to know the data source alias name, which can be confidential.

The best practice says recommends creation of such datasources to talk to external databases, instead of directly writing connection mechanism in Java environment. Because your application makes use of J2EE framework and the services offered by it.

Hope it helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can create your custom datasources in JDBC connector service in Visual Administrator of WAS.

It takes in parameters such as connection url, driver info, username and password. Also connection pooling parameters can be specified. You can create a data source of the type Vendor.

The added aliases of this data source can be used in the applications (webdynpro /j2ee).

I dont think you can restrict the access of this datasource on project level. Once it is created on WAS, it will be open to everyone. But they need to know the data source alias name, which can be confidential.

The best practice says recommends creation of such datasources to talk to external databases, instead of directly writing connection mechanism in Java environment. Because your application makes use of J2EE framework and the services offered by it.

Hope it helps!