cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not read detail log from DB12 and DB13

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gurus,

I am unable to read detail log of onlinebackups and Redolog backups from DB12 and DB13 in my BI sytem what could be the problem.

cheers

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Thanks and sorry for late reply I am on vacation, I am back today.

How can I check permission of directory for sap backup in GUI level ? Please let me know.

When I try to go through T.code DB12 -> Overview of databse backups - > Double click on todayu2019s date -> and click on Detail log I am getting a pop up with u201CCould not read detail log XXXX.anf u201D

But if I check through SM37 Job log I am able to see the log.

Please help me to solve this problem.

System details

BI System SAP NetWeaver 2004s, Kernel -> 710

DB :Oracle 10g

Regards

Kumar

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can go to al11 and open DIR_ORAHOME backup logs should be located at /oracle/<sid>/sapbackup, locate the file and click on atributes, creator should be ora<sid> and mode should be at least 755

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have a look at this

[http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=276934]

Regards,

Muralidhar

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to verify that XXXX.anf u201D file exist in the OS level under /oracle/SID/sapbackup/ directory with rw permission of <orasid> user

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

I am able to check the attributes and found Creator ora<sid> and mode 600.

so my question is I am able to check the log in test sytem but not in producation system through DB12 and DB!3 T.codes.

What is the solution for this.

Regards

Kumar

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

change the permission for XXXX.anf at OS level and try to read it again.

Also compare the attibutes between with your test systems.

Regards

Juan

ashish_mishra2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Test and productions are two different systems .There is no relation or dependency between these two systems and log file's contents visibility at SAP level from DB12 and DB13.

Best way is to cross check and compare the ownership and permission of log file at OS level for both the systems.

If really you want to read the file, change its permission to 777 from OS level and then try.

Regards,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the permisison of the directory (sapbackup). This problem may be due to permission issue.

Please post the error which you are getting at the time of accessing the logs.

With Regards,

Saurabh