Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

BBP_UPDATE_ATTRIBUTES

Greetings all!

I’m a noob in the world of SAP and ABAP, and to the board as well. I need help!

I’m working on an item that will allow my SRM users to upload attribute information from a spreadsheet that contains userid, attributes, action (add, del, modify), cost center values, and a default flag. The program will then use this information to update the userids with the cost center information.

I need information on the FM BBP_UPDATE_ATTRIBUTES - I can’t find information on the parameters it’s using, although I can pretty much figure them out except for one: the REPLACE_P parameter. What does it do, and what are its valid values? I would also like to double check what I think the FM does… when I pass it the table of information, it does NOT replace the existing attributes for the userid, but rather updates the system with the information? I don’t need to be passing it all of the attributes for the userid (both the existing ones in the system and the ones in the spreadsheet), right?

I appreciate any and all information you can give me on this guy.

Thanks so much!

Cheers,

Cheryl Bretz

replied

Hello cheryl,

With this parameter set to 'X', all values of the corresponding attributes will be replaced, old values will be lost (except those inherited). Like a delete and insert mode.

Set to space, new values shall be added. It's the update mode.

Rgds,

Pierre

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question