cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBP_UPDATE_ATTRIBUTES

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings all!

I’m a noob in the world of SAP and ABAP, and to the board as well. I need help!

I’m working on an item that will allow my SRM users to upload attribute information from a spreadsheet that contains userid, attributes, action (add, del, modify), cost center values, and a default flag. The program will then use this information to update the userids with the cost center information.

I need information on the FM BBP_UPDATE_ATTRIBUTES - I can’t find information on the parameters it’s using, although I can pretty much figure them out except for one: the REPLACE_P parameter. What does it do, and what are its valid values? I would also like to double check what I think the FM does… when I pass it the table of information, it does NOT replace the existing attributes for the userid, but rather updates the system with the information? I don’t need to be passing it all of the attributes for the userid (both the existing ones in the system and the ones in the spreadsheet), right?

I appreciate any and all information you can give me on this guy.

Thanks so much!

Cheers,

Cheryl Bretz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cheryl,

Please check post

Kind regards

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yann,

Thanks for the link to the post... I had already read that thread before I posted. I will look into the alternatives suggested there. I would still like clarification on the FM and on the REPLACE_P parameter.

Thanks,

Cheryl

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

-

Message was edited by: Yann Bouillut

pvanhoove
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello cheryl,

With this parameter set to 'X', all values of the corresponding attributes will be replaced, old values will be lost (except those inherited). Like a delete and insert mode.

Set to space, new values shall be added. It's the update mode.

Rgds,

Pierre

Answers (0)