Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read PI table during mapping

anilekar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have requirement where i need to read custom table created in SAP PI ABAP stack during the mapping.

Can you please tell me how to do it?

Thanks for your inputs.

Cheers

AN

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

anilekar
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks all

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amol, if the table is on the PI ABAP stack, then use ABAP Mapping is the recommended way.

Regards,

Prateek

former_member189354
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Better thing use ABAP Mapping simply use select statement.

Regards,

Rao.Mallikarjuna

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can easily read a data from abap table using RFC lookup.

All you need to do is use SAP's delivered FM RFC_READ_TABLE to read the data from a ABAP table.

anilekar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi MxG

I am going to work on PI 7.1. RFC lookup using mapping function is something different in PI7.1.

Could you please tell me more about it.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Its the same as in PI 7.0 and XI 3.0. But you have more advantages in PI 7.1. Please look this weblog for further info on rfc lookup in pi 7.1:

/people/jin.shin/blog/2008/02/15/sap-pi-71-mapping-enhancements-series-graphical-support-for-jdbc-and-rfc-lookups

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amol,

One more simple way is create mapping of type xslt transformation ( xslt on abap) tc :xslt_tool and then you can write simple select abap statement ( Since table exist on PI system itself) no need to call any RFC or Java connection and no need to specify any server details too.

Hope this will help.

Let me know if you need more details.

Thanks,

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do an RFC lookup using the mapping function if you are on 7.1. Else you need to use a UDF to do an RFC lookup.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

You can do a JDBC lookup to the table.

But I would suggest to write a RFC through which you read the data from the table and send the response back to PI, this will avoid accessing the database table directly.

Regards,

---Satish