cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question to Datasource transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

I repulicate one datasource from R/3 to Production BI system using 3.5 version. However I used this datasource as 7.0 version, also created transformation based on the datasource in BI development system. Quesiton is if I transport request from BI development to BI production system, does this datasource with 3.5 verison will be changed automatically to 7.0 version? Are there any risk on it. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

how to repulicate this datasource in Production system again and change version to 7.0 by manually?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can transport Dataosurce Replica in a transport Request.....

Regards

mr_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Once u migrated Datasource to 7.0 in Dev, after transport it will appear as 7.0 datasource.. No need to migrate there in Production...

in prod system, after replication datasource will have the inactive status..

Now U have to transport same datasource from BI DEV to BI PRD... And this will overwrite the replicated inactive datasource

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

maybe system will know and change datasource old version to 7.0 after transport.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont understand.....you have the datasource in 7.0 in DEV....create the transport request here and transpor to the other systems.....

It will work...

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

do you mean create a transport request in dev for this datasource repulication?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I get it. Actually I have one request which included this datasource with 7.0 version in the request of dev.

I think this datasource with 3.5 in Pro BI will be automatically changed to 7.0 version after transport from D to P. So, there are no impact.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes... i believe it....

Regards

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

3.x versions and 7.0 versions have different object types - I am not sure if your transport will automaticallly convery the datasource to 7.0 versions - you might have to replicate in 7.0 mode before the transport since this has issues with the datasource PSA structure also...