Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign authorization objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

1. When i create new set of WS do i need to create to them authorization object ?

2. if i create new set of users from scratch in the system and i want to provide to them one role that

I create and contain for instance all the report and transaction that i want to provide,

do i need to add to them another authorization objects ?

3. if i create authorization object in the system how i add it to certain role ,i don't see these

option in PFCG.

Best Regards

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

0 Kudos

HI ravi ,

Thanks,

the guide that u send to me is nice but i don't find the answer for 2 of my 3 question in the previous post,

If u have any idea it will help.

1. When i create new set of WS do i need to create to them authorization object ?

2. if i create new set of users from scratch in the system and i want to provide to them one role that

I create and contain for instance all the report and transaction that i want to provide,

do i need to add to them another authorization objects ?

Best Regards

Michael

0 Kudos

Perhaps S_SERVICE is what you are looking for?

See the documentation in SU21 and the webservices security guide in htttps://service.sap.com/security

Generally it is usefull if you do a search on your own and then ask specific questions - to be able to give more specific answers.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Michael

Regarding 2. Yes, you can add authorization object to a existing role that you've created before , if you require other authorizations that do not exist in role created by you.

Regarding 1 , i fail to understand it -specifically WS?? please re-phrase it ?

Ravi

0 Kudos

> Regarding 1 , i fail to understand it -specifically WS?? please re-phrase it ?

I wasn't sure either, but judging by Michael's previous questions, jargon used by some developers and the fact that he has closed the thread indicating that he found what he was looking for... I think we can safely assume that WS = Web Services.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

HII,

Yes u can aad other authorization object to the existing role if the role needs it because user is unable to perform any task releated to it because of missing authorization object after seeing it in su53 because sometimes tcode assigned but corresponding authorization is not added by system automatically this creates prob for the user to perform task as far as adding up an authorization object u can added it throught su24 or pfcg in pfcg u need to click on manuaally option u can added upto 8 authroziation objects and if u want to added it through su24 u click on add authorization object feild

but never forget to save and generate the profile after adding authorization object and also do user comparsion and complete comparsion so this object gets added to the role

byeeeeeeeeeeee

takecare