cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhanced Receiver Determination with RFC Lookup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am building an interface with Enhanced Receiver Determination. Scenario would be that the Receiver Systems would be stored in a Z table in SAP ECC, and in PI Receiver Determination I am doing an RFC look up to find the systems, and using those.

I built the mapping for Receiver Determination, and it tested fine in ESR. But while Creating the Receiver Determination in Integration Directory, After I specify the Receiver mapping name, and put the RFC channel name for the RFC parameter, it doesnt allow me to save the Receiver Agreement with a run time error message

"Link from Receiver Determination | <Sender>| <Interface>| * | * to object type "Channel" with role "122474913b1311deaadb42057dd8b002" is not permitted"

My question is a) if the RFC lookup allowed in the mapping for Receiver Determination?

B) if yes, am I missing someting or is it a system issue?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

in case anyone else has this issue, SAP Note 1324669 details this bug, and says about this issue being fixed in 7.11 SP3.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing the same issue with Enhanced RD with parameters.

You post was informative....just wanted to check, did you go for PI 711 SP3? or solved with workaround?

Thanks!

Amulya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone figured out a workaround for this?

Best Regards

Niklas

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're on 711 SP3 and I saw this error today when trying to do my first Enhanced Determination. Did you ever get it to work?

Former Member
0 Kudos

According to note 1344144 this was fixed in 7.10 SP7!

It definitely has to do with the RFC parameters because when I take out the RFC lookup then the Receiver Determination no longer gives the error upon saving.

😞

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i have seen Enhanced RD with lookups that work. Have to say it was not a RFC lookup used but rather a DB look in one of the implementations i had worked with. But still I really dont think a RFC lookup should be an issue.

Troubleshoot the lookup mapping to be working other than in the enhanced RD (i.e independently) .

if you head no where, i suggest opening a OSS note.

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

May be you have to use a BPM..!! Not sure though.. need to experiment..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nope.

Anyone using Enhanced Receiver Determination with RFC Lookup function?