cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Netweaver 7.1 & SAP PI 71 Installation on the same host

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We got a requirement from a client saying to install SAP Netweaver 7.1 and SAP PI 7.1 in the same host..

I would like to know whether SAP Netweaver 7.1 and SAP CE Netweaver 7.1 are the same???? But in Service market place if i see for SAP Netweaver 7.1, i m able to see only SAP CE Netweaver 7.1 & its showing only JAVA components??

Can we install SAP CE Netweaver 7.1 first andd then SAP PI 7.1??

or

Only Once can we install SAP PI 7.1, so that we get Netweaver runtime and PI installed?

I am totally confused, could you please help me out??

Thanks,

Subbu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Those are three different things:

Netweaver 7.1

Netweaver CE 7.1

Netweaver PI 7.1

Netweaver 7.1 is not existing as "product" itself for installation (yet). It's a technology release that is the base for several software packages.

Netweaver CE 7.1 is a Java only system with components for the Composition Environment (CE)

Netweaver PI 7.1 is an ABAP + Java instance for Process Integration (the former name was XI).

Both those products are based on "Netweaver 7.1".

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thanks for the clarification.

Netweaver CE 7.1 is a Java only system with components for the Composition Environment (CE)

Could you please write down some of the Components of the CE..

Can i install only SAP NETWEAVER PI 7.1 to get Netweaver run time environment, so that installation NETWEAVER 7.0 is not needed???

Thanks,

Subbu

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Could you please write down some of the Components of the CE..

What do you mean?

check https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/nw-ce for information about CE.

> Can i install only SAP NETWEAVER PI 7.1 to get Netweaver run time environment, so that installation NETWEAVER 7.0 is not needed???

Yes.

I'm a bit confused about what your goal is...

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thanks for ur replies..

I have gone through the links on CE and explained same to the client,,,, As netweaver 7.1 is not existing and SAP PI NETWEAVER 7.1 is existing, he adviced us to:

Install ABAP + JAVA instance using SAP PI NETWEAVER 7.1 dump with SID <abc> and

the second time install SAP PI NETWEAVER 7.1 with the same dump with other SID (ex: <SID> =def)...

I just want to know whats the advantage in doing so???? when we install SAP PI NETWEAVER 7.1 we get ABAPJAVA instances and PI content, why installing ABAPJAVA instance again????

I am confused!!!!!!!!!! Could you please help

Thanks,

Subbu ...