Did you mean: 

GRC Logical & Cross sytem question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone

GRC 5.3 implementation

We are planning to connect our R/3 development and UAT system to server DXX

And Production R/3 productions system to PXX

And we also have a SRM& CRM system and we are intending to connect DEV and UAT(of SRM& CRM) to DXX

And respective production systems to PXX as well

So now that I want create a logical system DLS with R/3 DEV and UAT ,

1.Can I include SRM & CRM DEV and Quality systems under the same Logical systems DLS?

2. When upload SRM and CRM rules should I upload them against the logical system DLS ? or should upload against each DEV and UAT of SRM and CRM ?

We are intending to use cross system analysis between (R/3 with CRM) and R/3 with SRM

So can any one plz advise how to proceed as I am bit ambiguous how it works ?

Thanks

Mark Vittel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark,

Per SAP note 122926, RAR will not allow you to perform cross-system analysis within a logical system group. I would definitely recommend against putting multiple Production systems into 1 logical system if you plan to do cross-system analysis against them.

I have a similar situation with a different logical system design (ECC, BI, ISXX). The problem with this setup is that I would also like to analyze risks like "Create user in ECC DEV and promote to ECC PRD via transport", but am unsure how to do this given the SAP note above. I'll let you know if I figure it out.

Hope that helps!

Eric Pynnonen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark,

Eric is right. You can include as many systems as you want in logical system but if you want to do cross-system analysis between those systems then you should not combine them in one logical system.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eric & Aplesh,

thanks for your replies,

ERIC the note no is not relevant to the GRC at all 122926 ?

Can I have more than one logical sytem ? for example in my senario what I am planning to do is create

DLS_SRM where in I am planning to hold SRM DEV and SRM UAT sytems

and create Cross sytem with combination of R/3 DEV + SRM DEV ( no logical system here, then I guess i have generate rules per system ?logical system will have to be scraped ,shouldn't it)

and Cross sytem 2 with R/3 UAT +SRM UAT

does this work ?

Thanking you

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark,

I think you won't be able to use logical system in your scenario. If you want to configure cross-system, please configure rules for each system separately.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alpesh,

would you not mind and please brief me the steps as I am bit confused here

My Logical system DLS already has R/3 Dev and R/3 UAT under it.If I open a function in System ID its says DLS( which is only fair coz of logical system )

can you plz tell me how to remove the logical system and still have the same ruleset for all all the four systems

1. R/3 Dev

2.R/3 UAT

3.DEV SRM

4.UAR SRM

Thanking you

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark,

I am sorry to say but you never mentioned what exactly you want to do. If you go back to this thread, you kept asking if this scenario will work or not. No doubt you are confused.

To remove logical system, I will recommend you to talk to SAP and get rule deletion script. Once the rules are deleted, delete the logical system. Now, you should have RAR/CC system with only actual connectors.

Now, you can follow the same rule generation process for each connector one by one. Wherever you need cross-system functionality, make sure to turn those rules into cross-system.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alpesh ,

Sorry to confuse mate,

As mentioned earlier I can have two logical systems where in

1. Logical systems 1 with systems R/3 Dev and R/3 UAT

2.Logical systems 2 with systems SRM Dev and SRM UAT

with above scenario I can form a cross system with R/3 DEV * SRM DEV

and 2nd corss system with SRM Dev * SRM UAT

and I can change the exisitng ruleset functions scope to Cross system and the SRM rule which I will load will be loaded as Cross system( scope)

what do you reckon Alpesh ?see SAP note saying that this can work(1178372)

Thanks for you time and I value your opinion.

Regards

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don't worry, Dude. I am trying to help.

This scenario should ideally work. As long as you have put physical systems against which you want to run cross-system analysis in different logical systems, this should be fine.

Please let me know about the outcome.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark - It's been a while, but thanks for the heads up on the note number. The correct note (for anyone finding this thread later on) is actually 1178372.

Haven't had the opportunity to figure out risks that cross SIDs in the same landscape, though, since the focus is still on production instances for us. With restrictions on access to transports and sufficient change review controls, it may be unnecessary.

Hope you were able to clean up your rules in the meantime!

Edited by: Eric Pynnonen on Oct 20, 2010 3:56 PM