cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to cluster @CMBDVS to retrieve updated CMS member list.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have access as Administrator. i am able to login to Infoview but not to CMC(Central Management Console)

When i try to login to CMC i get the following error

"Unable to connect to cluster @CMBDVS to retrieve updated CMS member list. Logon cannot continue."

Can anyone please guide me what would be the reason.

I am using BO XI R2-SP3, Solaris

Regards

nirav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member

Have you tried to connect and login to the CMC by individually using the CMS name(s) at least once? I believe you should be able to login to the CMC using the cluster name after an attempt to login with either one CMS name is successful.

Also with InfoView, I am assuming you are saying that you can logon using the Cluster name, right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarang

We dont have any cluster at all. Earlier i was able to connect but now its causing the problem.

i have tried to give the server name as system name but its not working

Regards

nirav

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you do not have a cluster, then is CMBDVS the hostname of your BO server? Also, what port is the CMS service running on, the default 6400 or a custom port?

Former Member
0 Kudos

CMS port is running on web logic port 8500

CMBDVS is host name of BO server

Nirav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you saying the CMS is running on port 8500??

If so, then you need to make sure that you specify "CMBDVS:8500" in the system name field when you try to connect via CMC or InfoView.

I am not sure if that is what you meant though.

Former Member
0 Kudos

its systemname:6400 only

but as a WAS we use Weblogic.

Anyways i think i need to check with some other login though

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay. I am assuming the CMS service is up and running on port 6400, which you can test by a simple telnet. If so, then if your web.xml file is configured in the right way, then you should have no problem connecting, especially given that InfoView works okay for you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yup, CMS is working fine