Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to set user id n pswd to connect to adaptive wsdl in webdynpro

former_member188598
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using Adaptive webservice model for importing my wsdl. I have not specified the logical destionations for this model. Now while executing my model i need to specify the user id and pwd of my wsdl location but I am not getting the _setUser and _setPassword option to specify the same. Please let me know whether I need to specify the logical destinations for metadata and execution( because if specify that I get an option for specifying user id and pwd). If yes then where we define these logical destinations or is there any other way to set.

thanks in advance

Regards,

Priyanka

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

you can import the webservice using logical destinations , create the destination in visula admin tool

, is the webservice exposed from abap or java or xi .

if you are using webservice exposed from abap , create destination in visual admin

webservice security -> dynamic proxies -> and click on dynamic proxies and click on create button

and provide the wsdl url and also the ECC client name / ECC username and password .

you can provide the destination for the model and meta data with same name ,

and if you are using XI webservice do the same as above but provide the portal user name and password

and with java you can use deprecated version or the normal with no logical destinations

Thanks

former_member188598
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Murali,

Thanks for your reply. I am using WSDL from XI server. I want to know is it necessary to use logical destinations? Cant i use my wsdl without that?I am looking for a way without using logical destinations but not finding any way to set user and password.

and if you are using XI webservice do the same as above but provide the portal user name and password. Do i need to put portal user id n password or the j2ee server on which I am deploying the Webdynpro application.

Regards,

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

you can provide the j2ee server username and pwd and check

and with respect to XI webservice if you application is failing with no logical destinations

use with creating logical destinations ,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

Defining logical destinations is not required. to set the use you can give it as modelobject._setuser

former_member188598
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sumit,

I have already tried all these things.

I get the option of _setUser only when i use deprecated webservice Model.When I use adaptive RFC model(new one), there is no option of _setUser and _setPassword. So I think there is some other way for that. Also if I try without userid n pwd it throws Exception as serivce configuration="null". I am working in Web Dynpro perspective in NWDS7.0.14.

Regards,

Priyanka