Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create organis'l level field for auth. field that occurs in multiple object

john_hermans
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

When trying out PFCG_ORGFIELD_CREATE I ran into a problem:

• I want to have an organisational level field for BEGRU in C_STUE_BER (Auth.grp in BOM-header);

• there are other auth.objects that also have a field called BEGRU (eg M_MATE_MAR, M_MATE_MAT, F_BKKA_BPG);

• we have roles that have several of these objects.

Running PFCG_ORGFIELD_CREATE leads to problems in those roles that have several of the objects with a field BEGRU. In general the values to be assigned to BEGRU in different objects is not the same.

The only solution i can think of is to have per role only one object with field BEGRU.

This would mean a serious redesign of our roles :-(.

Is there another option?

Thanks for your contributions.

John Hermans

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> The only solution i can think of is to have per role only one object with field BEGRU.

> This would mean a serious redesign of our roles :-(.

>

> Is there another option?

I'm afraid not. That is the biggest issue with org.fields. The value is reflected into each object in the role. So if you have three values for BEGRU in one role and you want to keep them separate, with their own activities, you'll have to split that role into three roles.

2 REPLIES 2

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> The only solution i can think of is to have per role only one object with field BEGRU.

> This would mean a serious redesign of our roles :-(.

>

> Is there another option?

I'm afraid not. That is the biggest issue with org.fields. The value is reflected into each object in the role. So if you have three values for BEGRU in one role and you want to keep them separate, with their own activities, you'll have to split that role into three roles.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another option is to create transactions for the BEGRU and maintain SU24 for them.

But that is not scalable for large BEGRU values and has an implication for menus and number of transactions, in addition to the number of roles...

But BEGRU fields should be used with caution, as the objects which use them are mostly not intended to be scalable (like P_PERNR is scalable....) so Su24 or well documentented "Maintained" authorizations might be an option to switch to.

Cheers,

Julius