cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workbench locking files?

Former Member
0 Kudos

This happened to me a few weeks ago and I thought it was caused by sitting in front of the computer for too many hours...

But, I started noticing it yesterday all afternoon and it is continuing today.

I open a file in the work bench called "MainScreen.js". I modify the file by adding a few lines of code. I save the file and the little asterisk next to the file name on the tab disappears. If I close the file and reopen it, the recently added lines of code are not present. The only way I can modify this file now is to delete it, create a new file, paste my code in and save it. I have to do this each and EVERY time I modify the file. It is a real PITA.

This is not happening on every page; only this one - for the moment. It's almost like the database is locking my file.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

same problem to me !

MII Version 12.1.1 Build(273)

Java Version 6 SE (Build 1.6.0_12-b04)

no proxy

Vista as Client-OS

Therfore I am in rampup of MII12.1, I thought it's a feature not a bug.

When I was updating JRE a few weeks ago, I couldn't start the workbench any more. Restoring the old one, it works again.

Is there any suggestion which Java-Version works stable ?

Is there a list of recommended combinations of MII vs. Java ?

Regards

Andreas

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

a.art,

Have you discussed this with your rampup coach?

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

not yet, because this behavior is only hindering.

I had a lot of other serious problems with 12.1 before i installed SP 1, i.e. each conditional action always runs to FALSE-branch independently from the given expression (look at OSS 373861 / 2009).

By this there was SP2 announced for the next 1-2 weeks (on 21th of April). I was waiting for that SP2. Perhaps it would solve this problem.

Do you (or anybody else) know when SP2 will be released ?

Regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nope, actually typing directly in the work bench is now not being saved. It was earlier.

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

What jws version are you using? Did you try clearing the cache?

Jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.4.2_07. I've cleared the cache through the console and rebooted.

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Kind of an old version. Why don't you update to the newest 1.5 version?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will give that shot. I just need the JRE for that right? Not the entire JDK?

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You got it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, more interesting tidbits... It seems as though the file is getting saved, except for...

This is the first line in my js file:

//========================================================================================

Now, if I type anywhere in the file other than the first position - as for below putting an 's' at the second position:

/s/========================================================================================

The file is saved.

If I put that character in the absolute first position:

s//========================================================================================

The changes are not saved.

The only time it saves the file when altering the first position is if the first position is a hard return.

This is why I am seeing this behavior when I copy/paste code into the work bench.

I have now updated my JWS to 1.5.0_18 and am getting the same results.

Edited by: Ryan Miller on May 7, 2009 2:18 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I too face the same problem in MII 12.0.4 (Build 120)

could we get to know its exact cause

Thanks

Namita

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Is your JWS setup to go through a proxy? If so, try using direct connection or none.

Jamie

matthias_prller
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the same problem. This is what I find out: If I copy text from an external editor into the workbench, the workbench doesn't notice that the file was changed. There is no asterix after the file name. If I make a little change in the file (e.g. press Enter or space) the workbench notices, that the file hase changed and then I can save.

I use the newest JAVA 1.6 version, but a colleague has the same problem with JAVA 1.4.something.

Regards,

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

No proxy.

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

After you save it, right click on it and choose publish. Is this a clustered setup? Are you on the newest version?

Jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've tried the Publish option and I don't think it made a difference. I am on 12.0.6 build 15.

After playing around with it a bit this morning, it seems as though if I type directly in Work Bench and save the file, the changes seem to be sticking.

But I typically work outside of Work Bench in EditPlus or Aptana or what have you and then select-all, copy, paste my code in work bench and save. If I do this, this is when my file does not really save/commit.

This is the behavior today - again just on one file. Yesterday, I believe even typing directly in work bench was not saving my work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh, and it is not a clustered set up.