Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

forceLogoffClientUser with URL specified does not seem to work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi WebDyn Pro's.

I am running EP6 SP14.

In my application, the implementation behind the Logoff button is using api WDClientUser.forceLogoffClientUser(myURL) to force a logoff from application and portal. The variable myURL is "http://portal.mycompany.com".

My goal is logoff the user from "everything" (webdynpro application and portal) and simply display the portal login page to the user.

I've tried numerous URLs strings without success. Regardless of the string provided, the application returns the following error when running inside the portal:

<b>200 OK

Application was terminated!

Details: No details available.</b>

I've even tried

WDClientUser.forceLogoffClientUser(null). This too returns the same error.

When running the application outside the portal, I do get the generic WebDynpro exit message.

For these portal users, I've hidden the LogOff link at the top right of the framework. The UME redirect URL is not appropriate for these users.

Thanks for any assistance!

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Forgot to mention also in my original post...

I also tried to use the WebDynpro application property sap.logoffURL. Specifically, I tried the following 3 settings:

1. No parameter

2. logoffURL = ../irj/StaticContent/Logoff.html

3. logoffURL = http://portal.mycompany.com

To invoke these application default urls, I tried

1. WDClientUser.forceLogoffClientUser("")

2. WDClientUser.forceLogoffClientUser(null)

3. WDClientUser.forceLogoffClientUser(new String())

All of these options yielded the same 200 OK Error.

I can not get the application default logoff URL approach to work any better for me than specifying the targetURL directly as in WDClientUser.forceLogoffClientUser(myURL)

Lastly, in all cases, I am being logged off behind the scenes. No matter what I do next in the portal, the portal thinks I'm logged off and sends me back to the login page.

Regards,

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I never could get method forceLogoffClientUser() to fulfill my requirement of making a Logoff Button <u>exit the Webdynpro application</u> AND <u>logoff the user from the portal</u>.

However, I did find an alternative way to do this.

I created an exit plug on the view containing the Logoff Button. On the exit plug, I added a Url parameter of type string. Inside the method fired by the logoff button, I then added the code below. It worked perfectly.

Upon clicking the Logoff button, the user is return to the portal authentication page.

wdThis

.wdGetExternalWebContentComponentInterfaceViewController()

.wdFirePlugGotoUrlUponExit("/irj/portal?logout_submit=1");

Regards,

Kevin