cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to Excel will not Auto Open

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all,

I have a customer who is having troubles on just one workstation with Export to Excel not Auto Opening.

I have already went in and made sure that he is saving to the right path, that the autoopen.xls file is in that location, and I have also made sure that the macros are allowing the content.

If anyone has any other suggestions that would be great. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Jeff Haldeman

Support One

Edited by: Jeff Haldeman on May 7, 2009 8:03 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually, all 863-29 errors are related to file authorization somehow. Have you checked if any other users can auto open at that workstation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may check these threads:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gordon

As for the first thread we have already established that the user has full access to the folder that she is trying to save in. As for the second thread I'm not really sure what the resolution is in that thread. If you could give me some more information on what that thread actually contains for a solution then I will let you know for sure if we have tried that. Thanks!

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Excel, make sure that under "Tools -> Macro ->Security -> Trusted Publishers tab" that the "Trust access to Visual Basic Project" selection is checkmarked. The "Trust all installed add-ins and templates" should also be checked.

This corrected the same issue at my site.

Former Member
0 Kudos

To all,

Thank you for the helpful replies above. Unfortunetly the end user has tried all of these steps and is still unable to export to excel on one workstation. If you have any other ideas that would be greatly appreciated.If I get any updated information from my end user i will post it on here at that time. Once again thank you for the help.

Regards,

Jeff Haldeman

Support One

Former Member
0 Kudos

I forgot to mention that he is getting error -216 when he tries to export.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the user authorised to use the function?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you mean in the B1 Authorization? If so then yes she is authorized. Everything in the process runs smoothly its just after she hits save nothing happens. The auto open doesnt open and it doesn't save.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What kind of error message? Is it Windows error or B1 error?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It looks like a normal red line B1 error that only says "Error -216 [863-29]"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do a simple test,

With Explorer see if you can explore to the Server ie.

sap\

If it prompts you for Userid and Password that's your problem, you must have a link established between the client and the server.

If you enter your userid and password it will display the folders, then go back to export to excel and it will work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Auto Opening issue for export to Excel is mostly due to user authorization problem. You can verify it easily by using this user's account to check property of AutoOpen.xls file in the right path. It must not have read only status ticked.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gordon,

Are you saying that read only needs to be checked or un-checked. All of the AutoOpen files that I have all do not have a check mark and it works just fine.

Jeff Haldeman

Support One

Former Member
0 Kudos

I mean unchecked. Where is this file located?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it is unchecked and it is stored in the same spot as the file path on the server.

Jeff Haldeman

Support One

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you sure this user has full access to that server path? It is better set Excel folder to local so that the problem would be less.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I could be wrong but isn't the path settings a global setting in SAP B1? How could I set it to be local for just one workstateion. All the other workstations have no issues at all. When they export to Excel it auto opens correctly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is global. In our case, we set it up for local drive. Since it is not an option to you, you have to check carefully for this user's profile for all security related permissions for this ExclDocs path. Make sure not use other user profiles when you check.

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree with the previous reply. A simple test would be to prove if the user infact has the rights to access the folder in question.

Have you tried loggin the same SAP user account from a different PC.

The PC should be able to connect to the Network folder in the first place.