Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynpro without EP

arunneerolil
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can we use Webdynpro for an Independant website development ??

ie , without using EPortal.

Also can I use the colors without any restrictions (all 256)??

Regards,

Chemmanz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

HarshC
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, you can use Web Dynpro independant of EP. This is possible because, the Web Dynpro Runtime is a part of the WebAS(Java) by default. So as long as you have WebAS you can run Web Dynpro Apps on it. So you can even run Web Dynpro applications from an XI server! You don't need an EP installation. The Portal on the other hand, sits on top of the WebAS as the next layer.

Hope this helps,

Harsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I have the same requirement.Developing WD app without EP.

I have a WAS6.40 and XI server.

For authentication,I set the 'sap.authentication' property to 'true' which invokes the standard Netweaver logon screen.

I need to have the standard Netweaver logon screen customized.Can anybody help?

thanx,Bhupesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhupesh

Follow these steps to customize logon screen

1. Navigate to <J2EE_Engine_Instance>\j2ee\cluster\server<X>\apps\sap.com\irj\servlet_jsp\irj\root\WEB-INF\deployment\pcd.

There you can find com.sap.portal.runtime.logon.par.bak.

2. Make a copy of com.sap.portal.runtime.logon.par.bak and rename it. In this example, it is renamed to my.new.logon.par.

3. Move my.new.logon.par to a location outside of the <J2EE-Engine_Instance>.

4. Extract the files from my.new.logon.parpreserving the directory structure.

5. Modify files in the extracted PAR file.

6. Put the modified files back into my.new.logon.par.

7. Copy my.new.logon.par back to

<J2EE_Engine_Instance>\j2ee\cluster\server<X>\apps\sap.com\irj\servlet_jsp\irj\root\WEB-INF\deployment\pcd.

Modify authschemes.xml to reference the new PAR file containing the modified logon UIs

8. In the authschemes.xml file, replace all occurrences of the string “com.sap.portal.runtime.logon” with “my.new.logon” in the tags

<frontendtarget> and save the file. Edit the authschemes.xml file as described in Changing the authschemes.xml File.

9. Restart the nodes in the cluster for the changes to take effect.

Additionally visit this link.

/thread/112263 [original link is broken]

Hope this helps

Regards

Ananda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ananda,

Thanx for ur reply.But my requirement is a bit different.

I have a WAS setup with XI but NOT EP.

If one does not have EP,where is the irj folder?

(<J2EE_Engine_Instance>\j2ee\cluster\server<X>\apps\sap.com\<b>irj</b>\servlet_jsp\irj\root\WEB-INF\deployment\pcd)

regards,

Bhupesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Absolutely Possible. We have been developing complex applications using pure webdynpro . ( It includes SSO - through a third party software, SAP DB through JCO...etc. We have developed themes for all the SPs available... Development components through JDI...Application URL with proper domain and accessible across intranet set up...etc)

So let us know why and what exactly makes you through this process of skipping EP and having webdynpro based applications.

thanks