Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating UDT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Please help me, I have a same problem

I creating User Defied Table with B1AddonWizard

It work fine, but I have wait when system recive message : The databasestructure has been modified. In order to resume the process, all open windows will be close. Continue?, and after that message the UDT becomes visiable in the system...

How to call event who recive that message... (The databasestructure has been modified. In order to resume the process, all open windows will be close. Continue?).

I mean how to confirm the changes (creating UDT) in the system

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The databasestructure has been modified. In order to resume the process, all open windows will be close. Continue?

How to make the system check itself adds a new table, rather than wait for 40 seconds

I think this problem was solved by

SBO_Application.MetadataAutoRefresh

Maybe anyone have a sample whith using that property... ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi vladimir

Once I wrote a method which used to create all the tables that my addon were going to use, I also tried to show the progress status of the table creation in the progress bar. I remember that sap was showing that message exactly when the table creation was over, I dont think there is a thread which checks bd modifications and sleeps for 30-40 but the table creation takes a lot of time. I am not sure of this but anyway maybe it is a good idea to show the creation on the progress bar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it's a good idea to use the progress bar

But I create two tables and create them in the system takes 5 seconds, but before the user sees them in the Tools-> User-Defined Windows will take 30 seconds

Former Member
0 Kudos

as i remember i was showing in the progress bar also the name of the field which was being created, and that system message popped out just after the last field was created (when the progress bar was full), so i dont think it takes only 5 secs to create tables, i think it is the same time that sap takes to realize they were created but it is nice to let the use know that something is happening, so that he doesnt look for tables till they are created

edy_simon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think you can skip the 30-40 seconds gap.

I believe the gap is for some reason.

One of which will be , if there is no time gap, After each table/field creation, SBO will throw this system message and you have to click this form away.

imagine if you are creating a table with 40-50 fields.. you would have to click 41-51 times.

These time gap is for SBO to wait if any other metadata is created.

Regards

Edy

Former Member
0 Kudos

could you please explain yourself better?

What is that you actually want to do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I create user tables (DI-API), but in the system, they appear only after (30-40 second) the above message

"The databasestructure has been modified. In order to resume the process, all open windows will be close. Continue?"

In other Addns (sample B1UP) I see that mesage appears after careating (DI-API) UDT,

without delay of 30 seconds

Former Member
0 Kudos

The formUID is 0 and confirmation could be done with sendkeys method and sending the enter key.

But to be sure, that you confirming the right message, after creating UDT set some variable and check this variable when form with UID = 0 is loaded.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok.Thanks! I understand what do you mean, but sendkeys only close this message....

But before the system returns the message runs 40 seconds ... and before that message the newly created tables are not displayed in the system