cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS on SRM Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP gurus,

I notice that there is an attachment button in tcode ME21N, where we can create attachment in the PO and link it to Document Management system. When I press it the system does nothing.

I have the same problem in the web portal of SRM. there we find the Search and Add button (Go shopping --> Requests --> Add Skills Profile / Documents). When pressed the popup window appears to select a file, when selected another popup confirms the size and it starts processing(green processing blocks on the bottom) but does not attach it. The text always says "No Documents Available".

I have made the setting as I found them on the forum:

SRM Side:

Created implementation ZECA_DMS_CLASSIC for BADI BBP_CREATE_BE_RQ_NEW and implementation ZECA_DMS_EXT_CLASSIC for BADI BBP_CREATE_BE_PO_NEW with following code for method FILL_RQ_INTERFACE and method FILL_RQ_INTERFACE and method FILL_RQ_INTERFACE1:

cs_ctrl_att-BE_DOC_TYPE = 'SRM'.

cs_ctrl_att-BE_storage_cat = 'DMS_C1_ST'.

cs_ctrl_att-TRANSFER_ACTIVE = 'X'.

ECC Side:

- Create new document type for SRM with T.code DC10. Following parameters need to be set for that

a. Check Use KPro

b. Check Version Assignment

c. Check Change Docs

d. Assign Internal number range as u201C02u201D and external number range as u201C01u201D

e. Select Number Exit u201CMCDOKZNRu201D

f. Version number increment u201C1u201D

g. File Size u201C10000000u201D

- Assign following Object links to the new created document type u201CSRMu201D.

a. Type as u201CSRMu201D

b. Object as u201CEBANu201D and u201CEKPOu201D respectively

c. Object description as u201CPurchase req. itemu201D and u201CPurchase order itemu201D respectively

d. Screen number u201C247u201D for EBAN and u201C248u201D for EKPO.

- Assign document statusses

a. Type as 'SRM'

b. Status as IA(In Work) with object check and content version checked, fld sel = '-' and status type = 'I'.

c. Status as CP(Completed) with object check, release flag, complete for ECM and Check-in required checked. fld sel = '-' and status type = 'S' and prev.1 = 'IA'.

What can there still be wrong?

regards,

Wim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do NOT use DMS for purchase order documents. Understand the correct location for these documents to be stored. DMS is for dynamic documents, ArchiveLink is for scanned documents like PO's.

You are creating an enhancement to replicate a function already available in archivelink. I suggest you investigate this further.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fapreeth,

thanks for your quick answer.

The problem was selecting the line. It is now possible to create attachments to an order in the back-end system(ECC). Now we only need to add the attachment to the front-end system(SRM).

regards,

Wim

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wim van Erp

Please follow Steps while Linking Documents in ME22N.

1. Open Your PO.

2. Select the PO Item ( Materail ) and Click on the ICON ( Clip ) in Item Overview.It is seen in the below Table of Material.

3. You will get pop up Window where you can assign the created DIR in SAP to PO Item.

4. You can create DIR from PO also.

So when you are viewing The DIR you will see the PO and PO Item in Object Link Tab Page of that DIR.

Hope this will help you.

With Regards

Mangesh Pande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mangesh Pande,

Thats exactly the problem. There is no popup when clicking the icon (clip).

My main concern is the portal variant though. but this also does not work correctly.

regards,

Wim

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wim van Erp

You also mentioned one more thingh

"I have the same problem in the web portal of SRM. there we find the Search and Add button (Go shopping --> Requests --> Add Skills Profile / Documents). When pressed the popup window appears to select a file, when selected another popup confirms the size and it starts processing(green processing blocks on the bottom) but does not attach it. The text always says "No Documents Available"."

What do you do by doing this .Do you attch doucment from SAP DMS or you attach from you destop.

Because I have not explored SAP DMS with SRM.Just expalin me what business scenario you are trying to achive.Also take note of the Athol comments as they are very correct.

With Reagrds

Mangesh Pande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mangesh Pande,

I am submitting a request to a vendor and I want to link a document by uploading an attachment. This is all standard SAP but I need to perform some customization because the attachment is not visible in the screen and is also not linked.

I think it is a wrong setting for the repository or the content server, but I have no idea how that should be like. Any ideas?

regards,

Wim

Edited by: Wim van Erp on May 7, 2009 4:14 PM

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wim van Erp

You are saying that you are submitting a request to a vendor and want to link a document by uploading an attachment.So when you mean to say uploading you are uploading from your local PC?

If you are attaching it to a particular record in SRM you must be using some othe feature as specified by Athol.

If you are not able to see SAP DMS document selection such as Document type ,no part version then here SAP DMS is not integrated.

Check the SAP help on the functionality that you are using in SRM.Then only surely we can further explore

Also I dont see any IMG node in the SPRO setting for SAP DMS integration with SRM in SRM as available in cprojets>SAP DMS Integration.But still check help of SRM and then let me know.

With Regards

Mangesh Pande

Former Member
0 Kudos

So you are saying it is impossible to add an attachment to an order using DMS in SRM?

Or does it need some customization perhaps?

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wim van Erp

I have never explored integration scenario with repect to SRM.But explored with cprojects and cfolders.

So on that same basis I was predicting any availability of any IMg activity in SPRO.Same with help.

Just a suggestion try o post you question in SRM forum.May be you will get some hint.

With Regards

Mangesh Pande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In debugger I've spotted where it doesn't continue. In report SAPLBBP_PDH_TEXT you have subroutine run_applet_create and within that subroutine you have block "Starting synchronization". In FM BBP_ATTACH_CLUSTER2ATTACH table ls_attach-phio_content always stays initial. Table bbp_transxstring is also empty.

Does this help anybody to help me?

regards,

Wim

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wim van Erp

Can you send me screen shot of the process your are trying to acive with SRM -SAP DMS Integration and Error Screen Shot.So that I will be able to Check whats the problem.

With Regards

Mangesh Pande