cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCD Index

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to open the PCD for searching of iViews and Pages. I followed SAP documentation. Enabled the portalRolesSearch service in

Index Management Service. I made the PCD visible in the root directory. Restarted portal as needed. I then created the index,

but it appears to be stopped and I cannot get it started.

If I try to reindex from the Index Admin screen, I get message: "Operation failed Method not supported on PCDSearchIndex."

When I try to reindex from the Index Monitoring screen, I get a runtime error:

pcd:portal_content/administrator/super_admin/super_admin_role/com.sap.portal.system_administration/

com.sap.portal.system_admin_ws/com.sap.portal.system_configuration/com.sap.km.AdminConfig/

com.sap.km.AdminSystemIndexes/relatedItems/RelatedLinks/com.sap.km.CrawlerIndexMonitor

Component Name : com.sap.km.cm.crawlerindexmonitor"

Is there something that I missed? I had this working on our Sandbox, but had to delete the index for other reasons.

Now I can't get it to work on Dev or Sandbox.

Anyone know what I missed or what the fix would be?

Thanks,

Shelly

On: EP6, sp15

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

as far as I know it is not neccessary and possible to reindex a portal roles search index. Such an index has its resources already stored in the system and does not need to start crawlers to collect them as it is done for Trex indexes.

You only have trouble if you cannot find something if you are searching in this index.

Regards,

Achim