cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set limit on user logon to Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Is there any parameter which allows to set fix range of user to be log on to server?

i.e. in Production server first 175 user only allow to logon if one more user want to logon then system will not allow that user to log on same server that user have to logon to another application server.

warm regards,

Jatin Trivedi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is not such parameter, You can check it RZ12 as far i remeber there is some option to define the maximum number of users. For load balancing Logon Group option is best as per my understanding, Just configure the logon group and let the message server decide where the load is less and it will redirect the user request to that server.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Thanks a lot for your kind retort, I had check in RZ12 all value. Can you please provide me detail of rdisp/tm_max_no parameter because while I set its value it is not working as per our requirement?

i.e. Iits exiting value was 2000 and I had set it 30 do it means only 30 user can able to logon?

Warm Regards,

Jatin.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

Thanks i have got crrecttion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jatin,

You are correct...at any given point of time only 30 users will be working in the instance....

The parameter rdisp/tm_max_no is specifically for setting a limit on the no. of parallel users in the instance.

Regards,

Siv.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Ok but I just want to restrict all dialog user. I donu2019t have any issue with RFC user.

i.e. right now we had 300 dialog user and 400 RFC I just want to do that only 150dialog user can able to logon my Application server so this rdisp/tm_max_no parameter can do that?

The affect of paramete is only for dialog user or for both dialog as well as RFC user???

Warm Regards,

Jatin.

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

dear jatin,

rdisp/tm_max_no will take into account both the RFC and the dialog logins. In other words, it will take into account all the login that you can see from /nSM04

In this particular case, what you can do is, use the parameters 'gw/max_conn' and 'rdisp/rfc_max_login' to restrict the number of RFC users able to login and then adjust the value of 'rdisp/tm_max_no '.

Hope this helps.

regards,

hemanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Thanks a lot for your kind retort, I had check in RZ12 all value. Can you please provide me detail of rdisp/tm_max_no parameter because while I set its value it is not working as per our requirement?

i.e. Iits exiting value was 2000 and I had set it 30 do it means only 30 user can able to logon?

Warm Regards,

Jatin.