cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material deltion flag- Sales order creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an small dought about sap standard behaviour, can any body help me to tell that this is standard SAP.

1. I have set deletion flag at plant level for x material, after that i tried to create sales order with that material system its giving warning message and it is allowing to save.

2. for ZTAN item catg(stand item catg) its confirming the scheduline lines, and its not allowing for delivery.

3. for ZPTO item catg (external procure) schedulines are not confirming.

more over i have observed that same behaviour is happening for customer deletion flag also.we can able to create sale order. its will give just warning.

Can any one confirm this is standard SAP?

Thanks&Regards,

Ravi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you can change this warning to error message.

For that go to OVSU, select "01" and click on blue lens on top so that you will see some list of tabs. In that maintain "B" for "Block for order" field and assign this 01 in material master under Sales: Sales Org.Data 1 tab.

Now for that particular material, sale order cannot be created.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I think you have used the T.Code MM06 for this deletion.In standard SAP,you will receive the warning meaasge only.

You can change that warning message to error message also.It can be done by using the T.Code "OVSU".

Select one option there.Say "01".

Goto Details.

You can block the material either for enquiry/Quotation/Sales order like this a list of options will be available for you.

Select option "B" against the one you need and assign this option "01" to your material using MM02 T.Code under your Sales org.1 tab.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna, that's exactly what Lakshmipathi said the day before your post

Why did you even bother ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

It is standard SAP that deletion flags result in warnings, but allow transactions for creation/change to continue -- if you want to actually stop the use of said materials/customers, then assign blocks instead.