cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snote

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

what is the main function of note 1304803 .

what kind of testing we will have to do after implementing note , in the sense how are these object access ? Will we able to test this change.?Please advise any one .

Thanks,

Thiru

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First you have to know why you want to import notes into your system.

for eg : if you are facing any issues with Runtime error then you have to import the proper note to solve the issue.

but you are asking about note functionality in forum, i am sure u have to read the note and you have to understand the sideeffects of the note.

-Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is for sap security note and mean time i can't find any side effect details.

what are changes reflected TMS after implement the note.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The notes are implemented if you face any issues in system,so if you are getting an error and you wish to implement the note mentioned ,you can implement that through SNOTE

After that the error in SAP system must not appear

Let me know of any questions

Rohit

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No this note is belongs to Security, we also received 4 Note from SAP related to Security, but when i read the note we didnot understand the symptom which is descibed in the Note then i sent the mail to SAP related to the same query how to identify the problem and after implementation how to test, but still waiting for their reply.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not asking snote apply procedure .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

could you please share sap reply once u get .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the note there will the component, for which it belongs to. Also check if the note has some corrections or recommendation. Also if the note contains some corrections just check are there any manaula corrections to be implemented.

Regards,

Vamshi.

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@Vamsi

There is not any manual correction required, This note can be ally through SNOTE but the main question is there is not clearly mentioned in the note what exactly the sympotm is? why we apply the note, and how can we check the securtiy implication is not going to happen after the implementing the note.

@Thiru

Yes sure i will update the same

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I know note will correct some program,function module or any workbech object.

If it is a note which correction can be implemented using the Snote then note has some correction instructions or attachments, just open the correction instruction, you will find which program or which fm or class the correction is made.

I am sure at end of the note it will be mentioned to which component it belongs say bc or crm or some thing like that.

Regards,

Vamshi.

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes You are right Vamshi. We can find out the component name as well as programme name also. Let mt tell you my point.

As per the Note :1304803 Security Note : changing a transport without Authorization.

Symptom

Certain reports that do not have an authorization check can create or change transport requests and change the piece list of a request.

This is a security breach.

Other terms

Security breach

Reason and Prerequisites

This problem is caused by a delivery error.

Now i am not able to understnad the Symptom which is given in this note, Are you able to understand what does it mean?

Regards,

Subhas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subash,

Did u get the reply from sap for implement security note .

Thanks,

Thiru

mohammed_anish
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

what i could make out from the note you have given is, it fixes some errors in the transport management system. The normal behaviour is, if you are trying do some changes in a configuration table xyz, you will get a message that "the object is locked in request MD1Kxxxx". This request might be owned by some other person, and the request is not released.

As per the note, if your system release 640 and the SAP_BASIS is at SAPKB64023, you may not get such messages in some cases where the program(report), which is trying to make the change in the table xyz, is not having any authorization checks. This will eventually go and update the transport request details in table E070, E071 etc..

Guys..please correct me if I'm wrong...

Regards,

Anish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Do u have any idea after implementing note .

how to make testing ? whether it is working fine or not.

Thanks,

Thirumoorthy.E

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP Reply

Note 1304803 Security note: Changing a transport without authorization

The correction deactivates the reports TH_E070U, TH_E071U and

TH_TKANL(and the support package removes the reports).

Test:

If the reports still exists they should have an EXIT. statement right

after the REPORT statement.

Submit the report. You will see the selection screen but nothing else

will happen if you execute the report.

Regards,

Subhash

Edited by: Subhash Chandra on May 20, 2009 9:11 AM