Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Proxy Java from Stores Procedures

former_member184166
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi.

I'm starting with XI and I need know how call a Proxy Java (EJB) from store procedure (oracle).

Thank's

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
former_member184166
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

my scenario is:

ORACLE (SP) --> XI(EJB) --> RFC (SAP)

I want call to Java Proxy from SP... it is possible?

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You mean to say Oracle is sending data into XI and then you need to send to SAP.

So your plan is to use Java proxy in the SP side. In this case your scenario will be Java Client Proxy. I think, It is posible.

Just go thru the pdfs mentioned in the earlier post about Client Java Proxy.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

former_member184166
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks to respond.

I am not sure if I need a java client proxy. I thought that was possible to call to a EJB Proxy from SP.

I cannot call directly to XI from the application (genexus 5.6) but that I must call it from the data base.

if you find something please tell me.

former_member184166
Participant
0 Kudos

Krishna.

It's possible to user Java Client Proxy, this can be calls from SP in oracle using Java Store Procedure, but I'm have one problem...

Java Store Procedure only it's support from Oracle 9i. I'm have Oracle 8i.

you know other method for this integration?

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it mandatory/Business Requirements for you to use Java Proxy ? If you are not able to call from Oracle 8i, then one option is COnfiguring Sender JDBC Adapter. Instead of Java Proxy you can use JDBC Adapter as a Sender. In this you can use Stored Procedures.

So your Scenario will be JDBC->XI->Receiver(R/3)

JDBC adapter will be scheduled for particular interval.

TO get more info on this-

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/05/21/jdbc-stored-procedures

Hope this helps,

regards,

Moorthy

former_member184166
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi.

excelent...

I'm going to study this post's...

thank you very much by everything.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Unfortunately, <b>it is not possible to call an <i>Oracle</i> Stored Procedure in your Sender JDBC adapter</b>.

Reason : Oracle Functions and Stored Procedures return a cursor while XI can deal only with returning of Resultsets.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Following weblogs will explain how to configure and call java proxy.

/people/rashmi.ramalingam2/blog/2005/06/25/an-illustration-of-java-server-proxy - Java Server Proxy

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/27/asynchronous-inbound-java-proxy - Inbound Java Proxy

Java Proxy-

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a068cf2f-0401-0010-2aa9-f5a...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f272165e-0401-0010-b4a1-e7e...

Rich set of Demos for proxy-

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/docs?rid=/webcontent/uuid/110ff05d-0501-0010-a19d-958247c9f798#xi [original link is broken]

Thanks,

Prateek