cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution manager monitoring - Alerts not found

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning every body.

I am configurating system monitoring from solution manger. I have found lot of alerts that are working fine.

In other side, there are other ones that can't be found.

For example, I can't find how to monitor SM12, SM35, SM51, DB13. In other side, i would like to know how to monitor SCOT and SOST in order to know if SMTP is active and if there are errors with sending mails.

With spool issues i have got problems too. I have been looking for all CCMS kinds, but all issues related with spool, do nothing.

There is some way to create by me alerts ?.

Thanks a lot in advance and best regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I did what you told me from SCOT, I go to monitor SAPconnect, but it appears disable. I am not able to actiate it.

Sorry, I never worked with RZ20 and I don't know how does in woks.

Any Idea will be great.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Angel,

If the alert monitor SApconnect is disable in SCOT that means you have to define it in RZ21.

Go to RZ21 in Methods-> methods definition-> click on overview.

search for the method "SAPconnect" if its not there then create a new method with this name. as soon as you will create it the SAPconnect alert monitor will get activated in SCOT.

Revert back if you have any doubts.

Thanks

Tripti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Really thanks a lot for your answer.

I've got twoo doubts:

1.- I can see the method, for example CCMS_OnAlert_Email. But from solution manager, I can't find one alert related to email to wich assign this method.

2.- In other side, If I, for example, want to create an alert wich indicates if SMTP is deactivated in SCOT, how can I do it?. I've created a test methos which calls SCOT transaction. But I don't know how can I create an alert with this method to check if smtp is deactivated.

I don't know it it's possible to do this tasks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Angel,

You can monitor SCOT in order to know if SMTP is working fine or not. All you need to do is in SCOT tcode go to the Alert monitor "SAPconnect" and for your client Choose the MTE "number of documents in error"

go to properties of this MTE and define the threshold values in the "performance attribute" tab, from green to yello and yellow to red according to ur customer's requirement.

In the methods tab, define the auto reactionmethod as CCMS_OnAlert_EMail (as this is the standard method you can copy this method to us Z method). you will get an email alert whenever there is an error in SCOT.

In the auto reaction method you have to define the parameters that is RECIPIENT SENDER and RECIPIENT TYPE ID and you will be able to get the alerts.

please revert back if you have any questions.

Thanks

Tripti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can assign methods to monitoring attributes, and access the method definitions using the Customizing transaction for the Alert Monitor, RZ21. A method can be a report, a function module, an SAP transaction, or a URL that is to be executed as a reaction to an alert. You can execute these methods within the Alert Monitor. If you double click, for example, the monitoring tree element (MTE) for prematurely terminated jobs, the monitoring architecture automatically starts the job management transaction, in which the job reported in the MTE is already selected.

All methods required for standard monitoring functions are predefined. You only need to change the method assignments if you add a new method or if you want to replace one of the SAP standard methods with a method of your own. You can transport method definitions to other SAP systems. However, this is only necessary for your own method definitions; the methods delivered by SAP already exist in all systems with the same SAP release.

Monitoring tree elements are assigned to MTE classes. An MTE class describes the general properties and method assignments that are common to a particular group of monitoring tree elements. The MTE class is also used in rule-based monitor definitions.

The Space Management monitoring object and the Free Space monitoring attribute, for example, both belong to the MTE class CCMS_DB_Freespace_MT. This means that both MTEs have the same general properties and method assignments.

You can also group methods assigned to MTE classes in properties variants. This has the advantage that you can run different methods in different properties variants, making the monitoring of SAP systems more flexible. Another advantage is that long-running methods can be run in the background.

The following methods exist:

· Data Collection Methods

These methods allow the collection of information about the SAP system and its environment that is then reported to the monitoring architecture. The method starts automatically or is automatically started by the Alert Monitor at specified time intervals.

A data collection method is, for example, an ABAP program that is responsible for the collection of information about an MTE.

· Auto-Reaction Methods

These methods start automatically when an alert is triggered. Almost no assignments are made in the standard SAP system; however, there are several predefined auto-reaction methods in the monitoring architecture that you can assign to any MTE classes:

· Send an E-Mail

· Execute an Operating System Command

· Execute an Auto-Reaction in the Central Monitoring System

· Analysis Method

This method allows a detailed analysis of error situations without leaving the Alert Monitor. You start an analysis method manually when you want to display information or investigate an alert.

An analysis method is, for example, an ABAP program for displaying information about a node in the monitoring tree and for collecting information about the problem that triggered an alert in this node.

You can display the current method assignments of the MTEs of a monitor and the status of the assigned data collection and auto-reaction methods in an overview screen. To do this, display the technical views of the Alert Monitor.

FYR, http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm40/helpdata/EN/c4/3a7da1505211d189550000e829fbbd/frameset.htm