cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use an Interactive form in a CAF Application service operation ?

manish_sethi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a peculiar requirement here:

The user wants that on the trigger of a specific operation an operation of the Application service should get invoked: this operation should pick up a Adobe form template from a destination and then prefill this forms with some values and then store the same in the backend DMS.

It's very easy to accomplish this task in WD Java with the use of Interactive form element but here we don't want any kind of user interaction for these forms, just the form templates will be prefilled with some dynamic values and then the same will be saved as is.

Can some one please provide some insight into how the same can be acieved, any API's etc?.

Please reply ASAP.

Regards,

Manish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

If I get you correctly then you want to Upload a prefilled Adobe IF from some location without any user interaction and save it to some Backend/Temp storage: You need to have something like you have a user inbox and mail comes to this with the Adobe Form as an attachment, you extract the attachment and read it using available Java apis for reading. You can also specify a particular folder where you can place the filled form and then read it using FileInputStream and can save it in the backend after you have it in binary form in your application.

Hope this helps!!

Cheers,

Arafat

manish_sethi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arafat,

Thanks for the reply.

I am not getting a pre-filled form here. I have to retrieve the Form Template from a destination, then I need to fill this form programatically with some values and then store it in the DMS.

And all this operation has to be done in an Application Service operation without any user interaction.

Can you please give me an idea as to if this is possible and if yes, then what API's(corresponding to the IWDInteractiveForm element in WD) are exposed in CAF for the same.

Please reply ASAP.

Regards,

Manish