cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Role Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert,

i'm workin with cfolder and i'm tryng to add a selected role to many different users, usingonly function modules (without SU01 transaction).

I use the FM 'CFX_API_USER_CHANGE' to do this.

Here is my probelem:

if the user to update is already a CFX user (has got at least one cfx-role) .... the function works perfectly: i can add another different cfx-role role to this user;

On the other hand, when a user is already existing but is not a cfx user (does not have any cfx-role already assigned), the function 'CFX_API_USER_CHANGE' raises an exception (E_FAULTSTRING = USER_NOT_CFX) and does not let me add the role to this user.

is there any method to update the roles of a user via function modules?

thanks,

Regards,

Fabrizio Gemma

Edited by: fabrizio gemma on May 7, 2009 12:09 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabrizio,

The roles are to be maintained in SU01 manually. I have still not heard of maintaining them through Function Modules.

CFX_RFC_User is the base role and any other roles will get added to that role, for the cFolders.

Hope this will help you solve your query.

Regards,

Nishit Jani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nishit ...

Su01 is the transaction i'm trying to avoid!

As i explained before, for a user who has already got an assigned CFX role (like CFX_RFC_User as you suggested), it is possible to add o delete others roles via Function Module (and works very well).

It's possible even create a user with a group of selected roles ('CFX_API_USER_CREATE').

The proble is when there is a user, already existing, with no cfx role assigned (for example a cproject user): in this case the function 'CFX_API_USER_CHANGE' doesn't let me change the attributes of such a user.

Thanks,

Fabrizio Gemma

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabrizio,

How did you solve this problem? what FM did you use? Thanks!

Regards,

Dexter