cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Item Usage for item category determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

I know that Item vategory is determined by Sales doc type,Item grp,Item usage,And high level Item category.

But I have a problem That for some scenarion I have to use new Item Category for same item category group.

So in that case I can only differentiate on the basis of item usage.Now I can define item usage,,,but how I can use it for determine the item category in the sales order on the basis of item category

Regards

Sumit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sumit,

Adding to what Raja singh has conveyed.

Suppose you want to enter a material with text item category then you do item category determination with the help of "usage" indicator

Sales Doc Type + Item Category Group + Item Usage + Item category of Higher level Item = item category

OR + (empty)+ TEXT + (empty) = TATX (if it is main item)

If the Higher line item has the item category as 'TAN' - then item category will be determined for the new item as 'TATX'. then in that case

OR + (empty) + TEXT + TAN = TATX

We also use in Packing - Pack, and Batch split - "CHSP"

Regards

Sathya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sumit,

We maintain Item Usage in Customer material info record.

Go to VD51, enter the material number and customer material number, Select that line and go to detail, there in last you can see Item Usage.

thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to IMG> Logistics Execution>Shipping>Deliveries>Define Item Category Determination in Deliveries & make an entry based upon your selection parameters i.e. delivery type,Item Category group, Usage & Higher level item category ... Here you can enter as many item category determination procedures based upon the different combinations of the four... In your case you can diferentiate the item category based upon the different usage parameter..

Hope this may help in solving your problem.

Thanks