Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload long texts through LSMW

Former Member
0 Kudos

I use this program /SAPDMC/SAP_LSMW_IMPORT_TEXTS to upload long texts. This program replaces the text if there is already one . Is there any other SAP standard program that we can use to <b>append the texts</b> not replace? Any configuration required for this one?

Appreciate your help. Thanks

Anu

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why don't you write a small program using SAVE_TEXT function module? That should do the job. Basically this LSMW program is calling the same function module but it is not passing any value to the parameter 'INSERT'. If this parameter is blank, then the text mode is determined automatically. If you call this function module in your program with INSERT = 'X', then it will append.

0 Kudos

I am just looking for options that don't involve any development. I do know the option you have mentioned. Anyway I appreciate it. Thanks

Anu

Former Member
0 Kudos

What object do these long texts belong to?

0 Kudos

Its the object business partner BUT000.

Besides, the parameter insert determines if it is insert / update doesnt mean insert or append which I need. I think I have to do the prep step to read the text if exists and then submit to the program. Do you have any thoughts?

Thanks

Anu