cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Activity report through Visual Composer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are implementing the activity report model in Visual Composer as described in the Wiki:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/vc/aportalactivityreportusingVisualComposer

We are able to find the required webservices and drag them onto the storyboard. But when we try to test the webservice Getcontentstat with correct input we receive an error:

Portal request failed. (Could not execute webservice, consult your administrator).

We guessed this was some sort of authentication error, so we defined a differerent user for the webservice in Visual Administrator and then we receive a different kind of error:

Portal request failed (Fault returned from server: )

Any suggestions are very welcome.

Best regards,

Jan Laros

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bump

We're hoping anyone can have a look at this problem. Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

When we check the WebService in the WSnavigator, we receive the following error message:

The User Authentification is not correct to access to the Portal Service com.sap.portal.prt.soap.ActivityReportWS or the service was not found.

We test the Webservice with J2EE_ADMIN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmm, I haven't tried this for a while and I can see that with my EP7 SP18 portal I get an error. It is "Portal request failed due to operation not found".

I'm not sure why.. I followed note 893101 and was able to access the servcies OK using the WS navigator tool from the AS Java home page OK, but still get the error with VC.

Edited by: Michael Nicholls on May 12, 2009 9:12 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got a bit further by defining my service inside VC. I used Tools -> Define web service system to make my system with a known username/password and the same WSDL URL as the Wiki example and I could at least drag the getContentStat method across to the main pane.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thank you very much for your effort. We have defined the webservice in Visual Admin and are also able to drag the data services to the story board. When we test the webservice in VC we get the error. Any additional ideas are welcome. I will try to get a bit further too and will update this thread. We are on NW 7.01 by the way.

Regards,

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Strangely the service Getdbtimestamp does work correctly in runtime. Only the error "Enter a value for field "From"".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi J. Laros,

I facing the same problem when i try execute this webservice from soapUi client.

What did you did for to solve this problem?

The message is:

The User Authentification is not correct to access to the Portal Service com.sap.portal.prt.soap.ActivityReportWS or the service was not found.

When i execute from VC, returns no messages.

thanks,

Douglas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I solved my problem with Note 893101 - Portal Activity Report Web Service Security Issue